Dan whats your opinion on Paul Kuhr from Novembers Doom as a possible vocalist in BB

There was a thread on this topic on the November’s Doom forum. It was said that the remaining BB members weren't interested in working with Paul as the vocalist because of his geographic location, though they were strongly considering changing that policy to accommodate him. Let's hope they do, because Paul can growl like no one's business. And honestly, it’s this poster’s opinion that he certainly is one of the best metal vocalists to come on the scene in years. Rarely do you find a DM vocalist who can sound fucking evil while enunciating the syllables clearly and audibly.

Go Paul! (but your Cubs still suck!) :tickled: :yuk:

Naglfar said:
Paul is very good. Pale Haunt Departure is probably the first good American metal album to come out in years.

Man, get your hands on the latest Slough Feg or Brocas Helm albums. They're great American bands. Arghoslent is great, as well. There's some good stuff in this damned country.

I suggested Kuhr in the BB forum, he really would fit the job. His voice is EXTREMELY brutal, very well articulated, and powerful as hell Just perfect. His range is good enough to handle it (although I've never heard him do the Tagtgren-screams, I dunno if he can, Either way), definitely one of my top choices.

Supposing he couldn't, Jorgen Sandstrom or Rogga Johansson would go good as well.

I think it would be great if they'd find a new talent in Sweden. Someone who plays in a band for a few years but never released an official CD, and now his time comes. :)
On the other hand I'd have no problem if they get a new singer on every record. Atleast something special

As long as I'm sick I sound like Tagtgren...(too much god damn mucus to resonate in my throat)
on any other day I sound a bit like Blakkheim on Death's Design...(my voice is relatively high)

Paul IMO is very suitable for the job...would be kinda strange to hear him do
NMF stuff but equally strange is to hear Tagtgren do RTC stuff so It's cool.

My vote will always go for Mike and Peter! I talked to Peter in St. Louis and had him sign the Bloodbath guitar, he also said he'd do vocals again for next album if the guys called him for it. He just can't commit to it fulltime which is a shame!!!

Tumn said:
My vote will always go for Mike and Peter! I talked to Peter in St. Louis and had him sign the Bloodbath guitar, he also said he'd do vocals again for next album if the guys called him for it. He just can't commit to it fulltime which is a shame!!!

Do you mean Dan's signed barritone 5-string with the Project hate sticker?

madu said:
I don't think Mike can do those either :d

But yeah, Paul would be a totally awesome option. I haven't heard this Jorgen guy yet, though. Maybe he's totally awesome too.

Are you kidding? This is Mikey A we are talking about here, this guy can do anything.

Let's be honest here for a moment...Mike can't do high pitch screams like on Steel so I guess he can't do the tagtgren screams either.Different voice that's all.Too bad Dan doesn't growl anymore.