Dan, you bastard!!

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Dan, you're a bastard. A fucking talented bastard, but a bastard none the less. Your music ruined my Opeth addiction. I tried to listen to Still Life yesterday. This used to be my favourite album in the world, but now it just sounds boring. And I know for sure that it's since I started listening to your music. Yours is so much catchier, Opeth sounds exactly like you described it to me now. So yea, you're just a bastard.

Way to go, man. I never thought it would happen. I used to be such an Opeth fanboy, now some of their music sounds kinda boring. I'm sure it's just a phase, but thanks for giving me so much more great music to enjoy. You're top notch.

oh shit, I just ordered Crimson after hearing only positive things about it. I surely hope this will NOT affect my Opeth addiction. Still Life is also my no.1 album of all time....Still.....

_bigbilly666_ said:
Dan are you and mike from opeth still friends? REasons i am asking is because a few days ago i read that you had a different vocalist for the next bloodbath cd.

That's just cause Mike never wanted anything big out of Bloodbath. It's not even sure if there will be another Bloodbath. Personally I hope there won't be. The first one is boring and I don't see them making anything spectacular musically with another one either. I think that Dan/Katatonia members/whoever involved can make better things than standard death metal on their own...though I don't see much good for Katatonia,but let's hope.
To conclude,Bloodbath = No good can come of this. :p

Personally,listening to Dan's work hasn't watered down my love for Opeth's. Both are awesome on their own.

AbsentFriend said:
oh shit, I just ordered Crimson after hearing only positive things about it. I surely hope this will NOT affect my Opeth addiction. Still Life is also my no.1 album of all time....Still.....
Listening to it will affect all other addiction. Addiction to crack, heroin, meth, Opeth, etc... You'll be too busy listening to Crimson II to go out and bother with all that other stuff...

TheFourthHorseman said:
That's just cause Mike never wanted anything big out of Bloodbath. It's not even sure if there will be another Bloodbath. Personally I hope there won't be. The first one is boring and I don't see them making anything spectacular musically with another one either. I think that Dan/Katatonia members/whoever involved can make better things than standard death metal on their own...though I don't see much good for Katatonia,but let's hope.
To conclude,Bloodbath = No good can come of this. :p

Personally,listening to Dan's work hasn't watered down my love for Opeth's. Both are awesome on their own.
Now that much time has passed, looking back I can say that the 3 songs on the Bloodbath EP are the three best Bloodbath songs. I liked the full length album, but it was not as good as the EP. Those 3 tracks kicked ass! That said, I think it might be worthwhile for Dan to give Bloodbath another try, especially if he's getting a new vocalist. That'll make it interesting and give it some added potential.

gay16.jpg

Opeth was able to blow EoS out of the water,but lately Opeth blows no one,well maybe they can blow me if they ask nicely.

:lol:

manuelgv said:
Opeth was able to blow EoS out of the water,but lately Opeth blows no one,well maybe they can blow me if they ask nicely.

:lol:

I would have to agree with you on that one too. I hate the last two albums by opeth(deliverance and Damnation). Mainly deliverance it sounded nothing like the opeth stuff from the past it was not any heavy then any of the other albums and was just uninteresting. I still like it more then a lot of death/doom/whatever metal out there but unlike other opeth albums i did not like all the songs on the cd.

Damnation also sounded nothing like the soft opeth we normally hear but i can't really say that i dislike it that much i have not had the chance to listen to it that much.

It didn't sound like most mellow Opeth, because most mellow part of Opeth are simply just parts, not a complete song!

Also, I do not think you can pick between EoS and Opeth, EoS is fucking awesome at what they do, and Opeth is fucking awesome at what they do as well but each group has different qualities to the music. Opeth sounds a lot darker and slower in some parts, where as EoS has a very uplifting feeling that just makes you wanna bang your head fuckin' hard.

Say whatever you want, Akerfeldt is a godly singer. No one growls and sings clean so well at the same time. And the last two Opeth albums were great in my opinion. Damnation was like magic. It's like we got a chance to glimpse into Akerfeldt's dark inner world. It's simply put: Beautiful. Opeth rocks my world.