Daniel Antonsson joins as new bassist!

Sephiret

Enter Suicidal Angels
Jun 7, 2008
East Devon, England
Looks like a good recruitment guys, well done. :)

Just a shame it wasn't me. Hahahahahaa.

Now hopefully you can get a UK tour in somehow, it would be good. :D

I wish Daniel all the best in the band.

What do you fellow forumites reckon?
Dan

Welcome Daniel

From the official ...
The response to our basist search has been overwhelming, and we want to send our sincere thanks to everyone that got in touch. Applications poured in from pretty much every continent, and some of the interested musicians are members in bands that we have been huge fans of for many years, which was extremely flattering.
However, we can now announce that the search is over, and that we've recruited Daniel Antonsson (Dimension Zero, ex-Soilwork) to handle the bass duties for the upcoming tour. We welcome Daniel to the fold and look forward to hitting the road with him.

If DT are happy with Daniel, that make me happy also -

Woohoo, a good looking guy! yay! :loco:

Welcome Daniel!

(lets hope he never reads this)

I was like "WTF?" at first, but I thought it was just the guy with the same name, but then I was like double "WTF?", hahaha, cuz I'm still drunk (third day in the row), and had hard time believe that was actually possible.

Awesome!

"However, we can now announce that the search is over, and that we've recruited Daniel Antonsson (Dimension Zero, ex-Soilwork) to handle the bass duties for the upcoming tour."

The last thing there, upcoming tour is confusing. But I guess this is a permanent member?

I think they would spell it out if he indeed was the new permanet member... I guess there are two options, he is either just going to do the tour with them or he is going to do the tour as a trial period and then evaluate him or something. They did write that the permanet member should participate in the writing of the new album, does he write material for dimenzion zero/did he write material for soilwork? On another note, im quite happy with a new bassplayer, though nicklasson had his moments with some really nice stuff (nothing to no one for example) i never really got the feeling that he fits in to a 100% and wasnt that surprised that he left the band.

Still, what about the former Evergrey guy?
I was wondering about that too and took a closer look at the announcements. Turns out they announced him for one festival and then the next posts were in the vein of "we're still looking for a bassist".

As far as Antonsson is concerned, the post is indeed confusing as to whether he's a permanent member or just a replacement for the tour. My guess is that he's most likely on the permanent side but the band might want to see how they get along on tour. A clarification on this would be cool.

If DT's former bassist, Niklasson, was that bald evil looking guy, lol I think he fit into DT perfectly. For the bass parts and the look. I showed him to a couple of my freinds and was like "This is the most evil looking band member on the planet" and since DT have that whole mysterious evil chaotic thing going on, he made a great stage addition as well. Lol niklas sundin is an amazing artist and player, probably one of the main forces behind DT, but honestly, THAT guy doesn't look DT, he's too pretty and boring looking. :p But oh well. A DT member should: look insane, evil, and crazy, should look like they stepped out of an 80's pop song only the gothic version, and should look like they just stepped out of a hair parlor. While niklas fits those last two things, I could see where Niklasson was starting to feel left out because of them :p.

Just gave me an idea though: I would love to see a music standoff between a band like DT, who pretty much perfectly represents what metal looked and sorta sounded like about 20 years ago (the long wavy hair, the sunglasses, the serious look and sound, the musical perfection with a sense of melody and swing, ect), stand off to a really new band like....Bring Me The Horizon, which perfectly represents the music of today (emo fringes, scene clothes, lyrics about scene things like scene girls and romance based on sex, and somewhat talented but very scattered music without much direction or catchiness). I like both bands, but I feel even with today's people, BMTH would be the first to get bottled. I hear they get that anyway at most shows though.

DT vs. My Chemical Romance would strangely be a toughy for me though. (Secret: im a big MCR fan surprisingly, i thought The Black Parade was a genious album, anyone listen to it??? It gave me so much hope in modern bands...seriously, it beat Fiction by a landslide, at least for me...>.>...eh it still didn't pwn DT in general though)

@taotrac: I started raising an eyebrow at the "evil chaotic thing" and by the time you mentioned My Chemical Romance I was out of eyebrows. ;)

Are you sure you're talking about DT?

@Taotrac: Which friends of yours found Nicklasson the most evil looking band member of the planet? The J.Lo. fans?

Does Michael Jackson count as someone "in a band"? Because he's definitely the most evil-looking person in the music business and I don't even know if he can play the bass.
Are you sure not being able to play the bass is going to be a big problem when trying to become a band's bass player? ;)

On a more on-topic note: They said the search is over and they found a guy for the upcoming tour, even though a permanent engagement isnt mentioned, maybe that's sort of implied? I mean.. maybe whoever wrote that didnt expect people to read between the lines like that? If the search is over, why not use the bass player they found for the tour right away? What sense does it make to do a tour with one guy and then toss him?
So.. unless said otherwise, I expect the guy to be the final choice

I haven't seen more bullshit in one post since I used to post while being on an acid trip.

I like MCR and everything (especially when on acid), but you REALLY should lay the drugs off - sounds like you are suffering a severe brain damage already.