Dark/ambient

Dark/Ambient music...?

Hmm... I guess I'm into things like Shojin. Does that count? Vampire Dreams, The Realm of Dead Thoughts and Deification are among my favorites.

I really like this stuff. I'm still yet to fully emerse myself into it, but what I have stumbled accross, is really quite brilliant. Most of the artists I have heard are form the Release label through Relapse. I've actually just read that Release has now a subsidary label called Desolation House, "a label dedicated to releasing quality dark-ambient cd's in lavishly packaged limited editions", to quote from the Terrorizer artilcle in issue 105. Sounds like a very interesting prospect.

the guy behind Raisn Dtere, Peter Andersson has a ton of other projects that you should check out some that are not even dark ambient in style.

If you can't get enough of Raison Dtere, then check out Peter's similar project Stratvm Terror. "The Only True Septic Whore" album is a good starting point.

Recycle Your Ears (www.recycleyourears.com) and Malignant Records (www.malignantrecords.com) are great places to discover other Dark Ambient artists.

Antimatter aren't really ambient, more like trip hop mixed with dark rock, almost like newer 3rd and the Mortal.

If you like dark ambient like Raison d'être, definitely get all the albums from that record label, Cold Meat Industry. Also, Thrussel from Snog's side project Black Lung is mandatory. Sephiroth is also quite good dark ambient, and you should check out Lustmord too. I haven't heard that much dark ambient recently, as I got quickly bored of it, but back in the day these artists interested me somewhat. For a final note, the absolute best dark ambient artist was Delerium. Now, Delerium makes sort of ambient pop music like Enigma, but in the 80's and early 90's they made the best dark ambient. Get these albums: Stone Tower, Spheres, and Spheres II. Also, Spiritual Archives is rather chilling.