Scary Music

Frostvargr

New Metal Member
Aug 21, 2002
Blashyrkh
www.calaquendi.tk
Whats the moast scary song you have ever heard ?

Im looking for scary music or just plain sick music, something doom like, something similar to Raison d'etre - The Wastland and Morgoth - Cursed... or something like the utro to My Dying Bride - The Cry Of Mankind

Any reccomendations ?

I know phyre is gonna say At The Gates- Claws of Laughter Dead, that is worth checking out, also check out the song Ulver- Silence Teaches you how to sing.

If "Serpent and the Rainbow" had a metal soundtrack, I think it would be something similar to Death SS - "Do What Thou Wilt". A pretty freaky album.

I will often listen to CDs on headphones as I fall asleep at night. This has had startling results on a couple of occasions. At the end of Shadow Gallery's "Carved in Stone", they have added this annoying sound of someone softly knocking on a door or something like that. When I first heard it, it startled me because at the time my room had a door to the outside of the house, on the second floor, and I thought that someone was trying to enter.

I remember the first time I listened to Cathedral's "Endtyme". It was on headphones, and I drifted off to sleep during "Whores to Oblivion". If you're familiar with that song, you'll know there's some loud effects at the end of the song that come in extremely high in the mix. I heard that and totally freaked out. In my partially awake state, I thought bugs were inside my skull and feasting on my brain.

i love Virgin Black because a lot of times there music has this very....disturbing atmosphere to it

Sombre Romantic is a perfect album, check it out!

the eruption from emperor. i think the begining is pretty creepy and cool

undecieved from extol. the begining on that is ear shattering. i love how it goes from strings to ear ripping death metal

romance from apocalyprica and alot of the slower stuff from them is REALLY creepy. check out their cd "cult"
~gR~

The titlesong of Mayhem´s "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", is the most creepy song I have ever heard... The attempt of chanting in latin gives me the creeps... Really evil and misanthropic atmosphere...

Some Angelo Badalamenti compositions are fucking freaky. As far as actually getting freaked out....only thing that's done that is waking up in the middle of the night with Neurosis' "Through Silver In Blood" or "Times Of Grace" playing...that shit gets disturbing when half in la-la land.

Originally posted by genocide roach

undecieved from extol. the begining on that is ear shattering. i love how it goes from strings to ear ripping death metal

I don't really consider that song scary but I LOVE Extol, good to know there's other people who know them.

The Horror by W.A.S.P. is pretty freaky if you're in the right mood...

Originally posted by Orion Crystal Ice

I don't really consider that song scary but I LOVE Extol, good to know there's other people who know them.

The Horror by W.A.S.P. is pretty freaky if you're in the right mood...

well, the strings are creepy, and when they slammed in it scared the shit outa me the first time i heard it

i am a HUGE extol fan
~gR~

All rapcore is scary to me. :p I think talking about what is not scray would be more interesting. 45 minutes of blast beats, cookie monster impressions, or black and white clown make-up are things that are not scary to me.