Dark Angel

Jul 19, 2004
Falls Church, VA
A while ago I downloaded a few Dark Angel songs, and really liked them. Recently, I've got around to buying some of their CD's. Unfortunately, the only place I've been able to find them is on Amazon, but in that case, theyre used CD's for $30 or $40. Darkness Descends is due to arrive soon, (the only one that was at a reasonable price) but I'm thinking im gonna have to get more... the two songs I've heard are Cauterization and Leaves Scars.

There arent any record stores that sell metal anywhere near me, I cant download the songs and burn the CD's... anyone have any ideas where / how I can get these CD's without paying $40 for em?

Dark Angel is a fucking EXCELLENT band, glad to hear you're picking their stuff up.
Both the songs you've heard are from Leave Scars in case you didn't know that, but Darkness Descends is their best CD (A top 10 of all time maybe). Leave Scars, We Have Arrived and Time Does Not Heal are fucking great as well, but none beats Darkness Descends.

Their official website http://www.darkangelmusic.com/ has all albums but We Have Arrived at OK (certainly not low) prices, check it out. There's also lots of other stuff for sale there.

Thanks for the pointers, Ill probably be buyin some more of that stuff soon... any other recomendations on kickass 80's thrash?

Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth are the only three bands i listen to that you can really call thrash....

THE CITY IS GUILTY, THE CRIME IS LIFE, THE SENTENCE IS DEATH, DARKNESS DESCENDS

THE CITY IS GUILTY, THE CRIME IS LIFE, THE SENTENCE IS DEATH
DARKNESS DESCEEEEEEENDS

Dark Angel owns you. Does anyone know when the fuck "Darkness Returns" is going to be released? This is becoming like a Thrash version of Chinese Democracy.

The sufferers' impalement
Inside the city gates
Worshipping the holy priests
The masters of all hate
The flag of the inverted cross
Menacing, held high
Laughing at the "holy cross"
At twelve, the virgin dies!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DARK ANGEL RULES!!!!!

RideForVengance said:
Thanks for the pointers, Ill probably be buyin some more of that stuff soon... any other recomendations on kickass 80's thrash?

Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth are the only three bands i listen to that you can really call thrash....

Kreator
Sodom
Destruction
Sacred Reich
Death Angel
Exodus
D.R.I.
Nuclear Assault
Crumbsuckers
Whiplash
Forbidden
Vio-Lence
Testament
Heathen
Holy Terror
Anthrax (though i never liked them and always thought they sucked)

This should be good for starters others i'll think about later..

Here's MY opinion.....

Overkill(one of my favorite bands of all time)
Kreator
Sodom
Destruction
Death Angel
Exodus
Vio-Lence
Testament
Heathen
Anthrax
Coroner
Sepultura(from Schizophrenia to Arise)
Xentrix
Sabbat
Morbid Saint

Let's see what I can think of that hasn't been mentioned...

Exumer
Chakal
Slaughter Lord
Onslaught
Xyster
Sabbat (Both but in different ways)
Forbidden
Infernäl Mäjesty
Holocausto
Korzus
Mutilator
Sarcòfago
Assassin
Protector
Mezzrow
Necrodeath

All for now, not strictly 80s but close enough.

fotmbm said:
Let's see what I can think of that hasn't been mentioned...

Exumer
Chakal
Slaughter Lord
Onslaught
Xyster
Sabbat (Both but in different ways)
Forbidden
Infernäl Mäjesty
Holocausto
Korzus
Mutilator
Sarcòfago
Assassin
Protector
Mezzrow
Necrodeath

All for now, not strictly 80s but close enough.

I said Forbidden already.. u must die now!! lol jkk... very good band indeed...

Coroner
Testament
Heathen
Meliah Rage
Pariah
Horcas
Anacrusis
Imperium
Angel Dust (first two albums)
Death Angel
Flotsam And Jetsam
Skyclad (first three albums)

and the usual suspects already mentioned

Thanks, I'm listening to Darkness Descends alot... the first couple of days, the production quality really annoyed me, but thats only one of the reasons why I listen to a CD for about a week before trying to rate it. I've had it about 5 days now and its probably one of the best CD's I own now.

Im gonna check out those other bands when I get the chance, Sepultra, Testament and Kreator I've already heard. I cant seem to find any Nuclear Assault on Limewire, though.

RideForVengance said:
Thanks, I'm listening to Darkness Descends alot... the first couple of days, the production quality really annoyed me, but thats only one of the reasons why I listen to a CD for about a week before trying to rate it. I've had it about 5 days now and its probably one of the best CD's I own now.

Im gonna check out those other bands when I get the chance, Sepultra, Testament and Kreator I've already heard. I cant seem to find any Nuclear Assault on Limewire, though.

If possible find the song "Brainwashed" by NA... i loved that song ... they also did a kick ass cover of Led Zep's Good Times Bad Times.. both songs are on the Survive album.. i saw them live a few times back in the late 80's.. the lead vocalist likes to come into the audience with his Flying V guitar.. i forget which song in particular he does that with.. also one or two members of NA were/are members of S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death) another band that you should get their CD ... get their debut with Billy Milano and members of Anthrax/NA... you can see how popular the band or that album(NA/Survive) is by how many people are bidding on it on ebay (great great band and very underrated.. i even got their autograph back in the day and still have it lol ):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4068778017&rd=1

:worship:

Here a few 80''s thrash bands even though some of these might have been mentioned:

Coroner
Rigor Mortis(A little more speed than thrash but great nonetheless)
Blessed Death
Atrophy
Death Angel
DarK Angel
Forbidden
Sabbat
Faith or Fear
Defiance
Prong
Exodus
Nuclear Assualt
Overkill
Destruction
Kreator

fotmbm said:
NOoooo! I must DIE!
I only own Forbidden Evil and Twisted into Form and I don't think I need any more albums, is this correct?

Yes you are correct my child... now back to the pits of HeLL you go!!! lol .... :tickled: