Witchery

DeFy

MAJESTIK MASSACRE
Jun 15, 2004
Swamphell
These guys are fuckin' killer. Like the Carcass, Death, Dissection era.

Do they have any CD's around the US or something I can't find their shit anywhere I downloaded a couple of their songs but I don't burn nothing because I don't like that shit only because the mp3's are shitty quality.

Witchery are definately cool. I have all of their albums and really had no trouble finding them. I saw them play with Emperor, Borknager, Divine Empire, and Peccatum and I was hooked the second they played.

This pertains to the Old School forum in that they have an old school vibe to their music. Unfortunately, their site is trashed and none of the samples work else I'd link 'em.

There's definitely a huge old school vibe in their blackened heavy/speed Metal, even in their song titles heh. Dead, Hot And Ready must have been inspired by Pretty Maids ;)
And Restless and Dead by Accept... they know their classics!

Witchery did covers of the following:

'Fast as a Shark' Accept
'I Wanna Be somebody' WASP
'Neon Knights' Black Sabbath
'Riding on the Wind' Judas Priest

All are in the "Witchburner" album.
I don't know if they did anymore covers.

They are a band well worth checking out :)

And to answer you question.... you can find their albums
at amazon.com.

They're painfully mediocre (They may have somewhat of an oldschool vibe, but the riffwork is really weak, and they have that stupid swedencore melodic crap going on).

Try Bewitched instead (also from Sweden, I believe one of their members is in Naglfar), they fucking rock \m/. True oldschool.

I might mention here that all of the Witchery members but one used to be in Satanic Slaughter.

Do what Jean-Pierre says and check out Bewitched right now, At the Gates of Hell is a recommended album (Which includes a THOR-cover where mighty Thor himself does vocals)

Witchery is one of those bands that really should get more recognition as they are an excellent thrash/black/death band. I have 3 of their 4 releases, Restless and Dead, Dead Hot and Ready, and Symphony for the Devil, this last one is one of the best metal albums in recent years in my opinion. Lots of great riffing and a keen sense of melody that really sets them apart from other bands. One of the reasons I belive this band doesn't get around as much is that they are one of those "side project" type bands with all the members belonging to one or more other bands other than Witchery. Bassist Sharlee D'Angelo is in Arch Enemy for example. I really hope that there's more Witchery in the future and that the band hasn't broken up