DARK EMPIRE SEEK NEW DRUMMER

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
I figured there would be some people reading this forum that might take interest in this. Thanks to Milton (AngraRULES) for helping me write this up:

10 . 11th . 2006 DARK EMPIRE SEEK DRUMMER

Dark Empire would like to announce that the band is officially searching for a new drummer to take the position left by Teemu Tahkanen.The following, is an official statement from the band's founder and guitarist, Matt Moliti :

"After much thought, we have come to the decision to part ways with Teemu Tahkanen.The primary reason being is that we are planning on performing live after the release of the next album, and it'd be impossible for the band to rehearse with Teemu in Finland. We would like to stress that the split was 100% friendly and there are no hard feelings between Dark Empire and him"

The band is planning to work with a session drummer for the next album (details to be announced later), however, Dark Empire is looking for a permanent replacement for Teemu to start rehearsing sometime around late winter/early spring of 2007.

Here's a short list of some of the things Dark Empire is looking for in a potential drummer:

-Location: US Residetns only, please. The closer to the NY-Tristate area the better (for ease of getting the band together for rehearsal).
- A high level of musicianship: This applies not only to sheer chops; groove and feeling is extremely important as well.
-Professionalism: We need someone who has a mature, professional attitude, is reliable, and will be able to commit to performing with Dark Empire (being in other bands is fine, as long as you make time for Dark Empire as well).
-No drug use, or inappropriately excessive drinking habits.
-The right "look" for a metal band.
- Someone who is personable and easy to work with.

Serious inquires only, please. Those who believe they meet these qualities and have what it takes to be the next Dark Empire drummer, should send an email to matt@mattmoliti.com with the following:

- 2 mp3s that showcase your best drumming (songs only please, no drum solos). Please send two songs that are different in feel/tempo, etc.
- 1 high quality jpeg photo
- A short bio detailing your playing/band history and experience.
- Any websites or myspace pages that also showcase your drumming ability.
- Videos are welcome too, but only send links, no files.

Dark Empire has also announced the first details of its sophomore release, in an update also made by Moliti:

"I have around half of the album completely written so far, with a few more songs still in the middle of being written. There will be 10-11 tracks including a cover (I'm not going to say what yet, but old school prog rock fans will be happily surprised). Some tentative song titles are Eyes of Defiance, Salvation Denied, No Sign of Life, and Faded Dreams. The music is a huge leap forward from Distant Tides; it is both heavier and thrashier while also being more progressive. Songwriting should be done sometime in early November, and we'll hit the studio in January
and February."

Stay tuned for more details of the upcoming Dark Empire album in the next few months!!!

Reactions: chrisrules895
Joe-× said:
Baaaah. Fucking sheep.

Although the musicianship is of course the most important part, you can't deny that ultimately this is a performance art, and part of the performance is the visual side. Check any recent band member want ad from say...Mercenary or Nightwish, or even PoS's requirements for a new bassist, and you'll find something similar on it. Sorry if this bothers you, but it is part of the business afterall.

I have this theory that everyone should start out playing drums. Makes for a much better sense of rhythm. Too bad I couldn't convince my parents of that. :p I got a classical guitar instead :)

Rotfl Matt.. "Must look the part."

you should totally do one of the following:

1. Find a black drummer. <--this would be your most metal option.
2. I hear Phil Collins is avalible. <--this is almost #1, but just doesn't break the mould as much.

Yngvai X said:
Although the musicianship is of course the most important part, you can't deny that ultimately this is a performance art, and part of the performance is the visual side. Check any recent band member want ad from say...Mercenary or Nightwish, or even PoS's requirements for a new bassist, and you'll find something similar on it. Sorry if this bothers you, but it is part of the business afterall.
I agree with you, but still find it idiotic. The metal fans make the rules, and you're just following them. That's understandable. Harry Conklin may look like a bank teller, but he's got the good sense to put on the black jacket and gloves before a show. My intent was mostly to insult the rules, not your business decision.

Joe-× said:
I agree with you, but still find it idiotic. The metal fans make the rules, and you're just following them. That's understandable. Harry Conklin may look like a bank teller, but he's got the good sense to put on the black jacket and gloves before a show. My intent was mostly to insult the rules, not your business decision.

That just made me try to play a conversation with Harry as a bank teller in my head. Man, that would be hilarious...

Hmm, Lets see. I've been playing drums 9 years, im in Connecticut, I have gig experience, and I almost look metal. Do you have any songs in mind you'd like me to jam on? Or want me to pick a couple.

urinalcakemix said:
Hmm, Lets see. I've been playing drums 9 years, im in Connecticut, I have gig experience, and I almost look metal. Do you have any songs in mind you'd like me to jam on? Or want me to pick a couple.

You can send what we're requiring to the email address provided :)

Yngvai X said:
You can send what we're requiring to the email address provided :)

I know, but I mean like, is there any tunes in particular you'd like to hear- any particular sub-genres. No sense like recording a Nile song, if its going to be more Prog based or whatev.

urinalcakemix said:
I know, but I mean like, is there any tunes in particular you'd like to hear- any particular sub-genres. No sense like recording a Nile song, if its going to be more Prog based or whatev.

Just send two tracks that showcase your best drumming. Like we said, keep the two tracks diverse so you could send a more death track and a more prog track as well.