Dark Tranquility and Arch Enemy at HOB Chicago

Lightning05

Feb 3, 2006
It's next Monday. Show starts at 6pm. Anyone want to go with me? I know no one else that likes death metal!

I would love to go to that concert, but unfortunately there are about 10000 miles between you and me.

Well, on the bright side you'll likely meet lots of people with similar taste in music there. Some might live in your area and be good-looking specimen of your gender of choice.

@Lightning05: I used to worry about going to concerts alone as well, but i decided it doesn't really matter. In the end going alone might be even more enjoyable, since i won't have to drag behind me a poor chap who i end up ignoring anyway. It's usually so crowded and intense that it's doubtful if anyone notices whether you're alone or not anyway..

If anyone is thinking of making a trip to watch that show, I highly recommend it. The sound and set up at the HOB Chicago is awesome. I've seen Amorphis, Moonspell, Dimmu, Haunted, Motorhead, Lamb of God... all at HOB Chicago. That's one of the best places to see a band in the midwest. I think DT would put on a good show there.

Will most likely be showing up at this I gotta figure out how I am going to handle work the next day but I'm pretty sure I'll be trying to get there.

I'm not worried about going by myself in the least. I do a lot of things by myself and don't feel weird for it. I was more hoping to have someone else do the city driving and we could split the gas :)

Indeed it does Opeth, indeed it does. I have to disagree with Naglfar on that one though. The sound is pretty good most of the time, but I've seen a few shows there with really shitty sound.

Indeed it does Opeth, indeed it does. I have to disagree with Naglfar on that one though. The sound is pretty good most of the time, but I've seen a few shows there with really shitty sound.

Yeah, when I saw Cannibal Corpse (Dimmu was opening for them), their sound was pretty hideous. It wasn't just their music. There was some static or something, between songs you could hear it crackly and their guitar sound was kind of muddled.

It's a good venue, though, I still highly recommend it.

Will be there tonight, decided to just go and if needed i'll just take the day after off if I'm not up to working :p Most likely skipping Firewind will probably try and make it for Divine Heresy definitely will be there for DT and AE though.

Probably unlikely given the size of the venue but if ya see someone in a gray Hypocrisy shirt with two zombie looking things eating each other and black jeans that is me :p

I will be there, too. You see a guy with a black t-shirt and kind of longish hair? You found me.