Darkthrone

forhekset

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2007
Theres a new song available for streaming, on the forthcoming darkthrone album called "Canadian Metal". I think its a tribute to the mid 80's thrash bands in Canada....anyhow...kinda cool

its cool that theyre recognizing Canadian Metal, not many bands/ countries really have.

I was under the impression they were making fun of it. Haven't really investigated into that theory, though.

Not a huge fan of where they're headed musically. Didn't care for "The Cult Is Alive" - too punk. "Hate Them" and "Sardonic Wrath" will probably always be my favorites.

Na, they aint making fun of it. They are just paying homage to all the 80's thrash from Canada....not so much modern canadian death metal. As for the song,...its decent, I like The Cult is Alive.....and the new songs sound similar to that punk/motorhead style stuff

Darkthrone... one word comes to mind. Overrated

Really? Whenever I hear about Darkthrone it's usually saying that either Transilvanian Hunger was influential and/or Sardonic Wrath was also decent, but that the band is simply ok. I have never seen anyone who's heralding Darkthrone as a genius band or anything near those proportions.