Darkwater confirmed as the final band!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Sweden’s Darkwater is confirmed for their first US appearance to complete the lineup for the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Festival. Their debut release “Calling to Earth to Witness” on Ulterium Records distributed in the US by Nightmare Records blends progressive metal with melodic flourishes and swirling keyboards that draw the listener to a musical headspace similar to that of Dream Theater and Symphony X.

The running order of the festival will be as follows- Both nights will start with doors at 6:30 and show at 7PM. The order will be as follows:
Friday June 27th-
Concerto Moon
Rocket Scientists with Lana Lane
Enchant
Jeff Scott Soto and Friends

Saturday June 28th
Darkwater
Sun Caged
Zero Hour
Liquid Tension Experiment

Bay Area Rock Festival is a two day annual festival which features progressive and melodic rock and metal from around the world. Tickets are available through www.tickets.com. For more information, visit www.bayarearockfest.com

Hell Yeah! Bar Fest just surpassed ProgPower USA as the more exciting festival of the two … even if you include all four days of the ProgPower festival.

Damn it! I had a feeling about Darkwater. Good God, this is going to kill me to miss this lineup. Between Enchant on Friday and the entire Saturday night lineup, this is something I'd really love to attend! Alas, other duties are calling that weekend. :(

:(
Hey 5150!

"Stride" would have been a nice addition to the show as well :D

I'd be happy to see Stride as well. I have seen them several times in Houston and Atlanta. But sadly they are no more. They couldn't keep it together. Today some of the members perform in a local VH tribute band called Unchained. But I am not a big Roth era fan and the one time I saw them, they were pretty drunk. So their performance was poor and it was compounded by bad sound. A major disappointment. :-(