Dauntless Execute The Fact

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Dauntless– Execute The Fact
Firebox Records – 2007
By Dan Fisher

Dauntless.jpg

Dauntless. The band that almost never was. What an amazing story. They were formed in 1991 would you believe? And they have been working on demos since then and gaining 'interest' which, if true, would have to be one of the longest label-band courtships ever! Execute the Fact is the band's first official release in their sixteen year history which begs the question: what the fuck took you so long?! Thankfully no-one is gonna be let down by this as it FUCKING RULES. I really like Ari Nieminens vocals, not too low and raspy, excellent timbre. The guitars are enormous but not too cutting and the drumming is mesmerisingly good. The style is essentially progressive, partly-melodic, metal core laced with death metal elements but they use other, more experimental, stuff like didgeridoos to create sonic landscapes of surprise and eternal torment. For those who are into their guitarwork, check out some of the riffing on this album. Brutal technicality segues into Chaimera like death grooves and Satriani soloing. But the best thing about this album is undoubtably the songwriting. Masterfully written, memorable, anthemic and brutal, this is clearly the product of a band who have honed their craft over a long period of time. My only criticism of Dauntless is that they are clearly muppets for leaving it this long to get a record out. I mean, come on, who do you think you are? Axl Rose?

Official Dauntless Website
Official Firebox Records Website