Dave Grohl Inspired By Opeth?

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
I know Dave has at least one copy of an Opeth album, but I don't know if he's become an Opeth fan since hearing it. I just found this, though:

The Foo Fighters are building a studio in Los Angeles to record their next RCA project, frontman Dave Grohl tells Billboard. The group recorded its past several albums in Grohl's basement in Virginia.

"I think it's going to be a two-record set," he says. "It's going to be 10 acoustic songs and then 10 tracks that are just koo-koo, really heavy." He adds that the Foos already have a lot of acoustic material that the band has never recorded.

The album will be the follow-up to 2002's "One by One," which debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 1.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It was named best rock album in February at the 46th Grammy Awards.

For now, the lone date on the Foos' calendar is an Aug. 28 appearance at San Diego's Street Scene Festival.

As for his previously announced work on the upcoming Nine Inch Nails album, Grohl says NIN leader Trent Reznor called to ask if he would play, and they went into Sound City Studio in Van Nuys, Calif., the next day. "It sounds incredible," Grohl says of the NIN material. "It is [Trent's] first [studio] album in five years. I looked at him and said, 'What have you been doing?'"

-- Melinda Newman, L.A.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000579994

I guess Opeth's 2 album format of separate heavy and mellow albums is catching on... I heard some rapper did that too a month ago or something..

Gunhaver said:
yes because opeth is the first band to EVER do this. EVER

EVER

Yes they are... they are also the first band in history... First band ever... in fact they discovered music... Before Opeth there was no music... or sound...
I'm surprised that who ever started this thread didn't mention that Dave Grohl also borrowed the concept of sound from Opeth...

I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear.

Ok, I'm sorry for my sometimes subtle sense of humour, I'll be sure to SPELL IT OUT the next time I make a post partly in jest (and partly because I think it's a funny coincidence that two of my favourite bands do very similar things back to back). I'm quite amused that a humourous post has caused so many negative remarks. Amused, but not surprised.

Arrogant? Now that's a laugh coming from the type of people who post here. If people weren't such assholes, then that comment wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Namedropping? No, just stating something relevant to the post. If I hadn't stated that you would have just come back, with all your inborn wit, saying that Dave probably hasn't even heard Opeth. (I've edited my original post just for you because you're so special.)

(note to self: population Opeth forum - 25% fans, 75% pretentious assholes with too much time on their hands and low self-esteem who have nothing better to do than criticise and flame on an internet forum, thus spelling things out when not completely serious is required)

Well guys. I'll voice my opinion on the sarcasm matter. Since we belong to different countries, we all use our English in a different way. You won't discuss that we have different kinds of humour and different ways of using language in the different places we live in. The conclusion is that when we write, we're applying our particular way of saying things, which sometimes doesn't really match with the way English is used. What I mean, something that I consider a joke, someone else may think is an insult; what someone considers funny or witty, someone else can think is fucking stupid or nonsense. This applies for people who don't use English as a mother tongue as well as native users... or is humour or irony perceived in the same way in USA, UK or Australia? It's certainly not the same in South Spain vs Northern Spain!!

So, whenever I use MY sarcasm or MY irony, some people may get it and some people may not. I'm not gonna write it with capitals or add stupid smilies to it. Face it: we're different!

This morning I was watching CNN and they were discussing the bloody elections: the use of God by Bush and Kerry. Bush said something like God made us free, so he killed so many people in Afghanistan to make them free as well... I'm sorry but that's a bad joke, using the name of God to win elections! (Sorry for my disgression)

easiest solution to sarcasm compatiablility problems is...*

* = STARCASM!!!!!!!

ALSO COMES IN...

STARCASTRISKS

Order Now!!!!