Dave Grohl to host TV series about recording studios on HBO

Yeah I remember having a massive butthurt when watching that "garage" video. Also had a strong feeling of disgust when watching his Sound City movie (had to watch several Rupert Neve youtube interviews to calm down:) ). After all that bullshit they said about digital, the brightest, most interesting and creative person jamming through the Neve console was ... Trent Reznor. The rest was nothing to do with making good music. Some burnt out improvisation.
Sure thing Dave Grohl is a cult figure. He's very talented and most likely he deserves his current status (never was a fan of Nirvana or Foo Fighters, so I'm simply trying to be objective here). But I can't respect him for those false and ignorant statements.

Dave Grohl made the tune "Learning to fly" and that's about all I know of that fucker, except the annoying "The best, the best, the best, the best, the best of youuuuu" :puke:. Still, a show on studios in probably of interest here heheh. Is the dumb movie worth watching or just enraging ?

Imo the movie isn't very good from a filmmakers point of view. Also it's quite long. Like I said earlier he's just bragging about the great analog days and the second half is how the recorded the Sound City record. It's not totally boring for engineers but it's not a must-see either. And I'm saying this as quite a big Grohl fan actually (apart from the golden age bullshit).

He certainly has the ability to inspire. My former boss ordered the DVD because someone had told here it would be great to watch. She doesn't know shit about music but she was doing some research because eventually she was going to do a music documentary herself. When she finally got it she told me about it (not knowing that I had already seen it at the time) and told me how in the movie he found out all about this great mixing desk that's on the cover.

This is the cover... :Smug:

20140127143206!Sound-City-poster.png