DAVE MUSTAINE Collaborates w/ Christian Rock Band

xAm_I_Evilx

Nov 4, 2002
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Former MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine got together with Christian rock band PILLAR this past Saturday (January 10) to co-write a song for their third full-length album, tentatively due on June 15 through Flicker Records. Check out pictures from the session here (http://www.pillarmusic.com/journal/index.html#dave).

The following is a posting from PILLAR on their web site regarding the collaboration:

"Today was the big day! We got to hang out and write a 'metal' song with Dave Mustaine for our new album. If you don't know Dave Mustaine is the founding member of the band MEGADETH. He also played in METALLICA for a while back in their early days. He accepted Christ about 2 years ago. We didn't make it down to the studio until after noon. There was some other things (add sub drops) we had to get done before Dave came. Dave and his pastor came in around 3pm. I sent a text message to you all the second we sat down and starting writing. We built the song off a riff that we wrote a few weeks ago. Dave offered the suggestion of speeding it up…a lot. The song turned out amazing and very hard. What makes the song so cool is that we would have never written a song like this all on our own. It's a PILLAR and MEGADETH hybrid. Around 7pm we took Dave and his pastor to the famous Knoxville, TN 'Pizza Kitchen'. Mustaine is currently finishing up the last MEGADETH album and working on a solo project. We got to hear some of his new music before anyone else. We didn't end up hanging with POD tonight because we wanted to spend some quality time with Dave since he came all the way out here to work with us. We are going to meet the POD guys for lunch tomorrow. Wyrick is going to pick us all up, Mustaine also, at 8:30am for early church. Before we left the studio tonight Rob sang two more new chorus vocal ideas he has. They sounded awesome. He has chorus ideas now for all the songs except two. We want to thank Dave Mustaine for being so cool and taking the time to hang out with us. Please support him and his music in anyway possible, especially with prayers."

Testament Legions said:
Unfortunately, a certain someone prefers to colaborate with cheesy Japanese pop stars :ill:.

A Megadeth reunion would be awesome, but I won't hold my breath.
"a certain someone" ?......?......?........
(Jumping Up and Down) Oh! Oh! I know! I know!
The reason he's doing that is because everybody in Megadeth was
taller than he was and he's equal height with his new collaborators.
I guess "a certain someone" was tired of being "the short guy" in the
band. I heard that when Mega had to do photo shoots he would have
to stand on a wooden platform so he appeared to be the same height.
Whuutteeevvveeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr.

OFFICER FRIENDLY

OfficerNice said:
Dave, God's calling you to put Megadeth back together with Menza
and Friedman.

OFFICER FRIENDLY
Friedman was asked to solo but he declined him. You know fuck it. He doesn't want anything to do with the band that made him as well known as he is. As good as he may be, Cacophony never got him well known and never would have.

Bring back Chris.....or me. And if god should put anything back, bring back Gar.

Vic Rattlehead said:
Friedman was asked to solo but he declined him. You know fuck it. He doesn't want anything to do with the band that made him as well known as he is. As good as he may be, Cacophony never got him well known and never would have.

Bring back Chris.....or me. And if god should put anything back, bring back Gar.
Poland's an awesome player...I really liked his "Return to Metalopolis" disc.
Didn't MegaDave say that he'd been in contact with everyone in the Mega-family? Do you see it happening? Dave's clean, Poland's clean. What
do you think?

-OFFICER FRIENDLY

His first solo album is pretty good. Also his jazz fusion band Ohm is real good, I like that album a lot more than I thought I would. If I see you on AIM I could send you a couple songs.

But yeah, Dave has been talking with Chris, in fact everyone seems to have been talking with everyone, aside from Degrasso and Menza it seems. They were all interviewed for the Peace Sells DVD. I could see Dave asking Chris to do a solo for either his solo album or on the Megadeth rarity album which has some songs that needed to be finished up. I don't think Chris would ever leave Ohm though, since he seems to be much more into that.

Reactions: Officer Nice
Vic Rattlehead said:
His first solo album is pretty good. Also his jazz fusion band Ohm is real good, I like that album a lot more than I thought I would. If I see you on AIM I could send you a couple songs.

But yeah, Dave has been talking with Chris, in fact everyone seems to have been talking with everyone, aside from Degrasso and Menza it seems. They were all interviewed for the Peace Sells DVD. I could see Dave asking Chris to do a solo for either his solo album or on the Megadeth rarity album which has some songs that needed to be finished up. I don't think Chris would ever leave Ohm though, since he seems to be much more into that.

Hey Man, thanks for all of those songs! Those Poland songs are cool.
You're right. Poland should be back in the Mega-fold. Fuck Marty.
Those rare Megadeth songs are awesome!!!!!
Thanks for the hookup!!!!!!!!!
\m/
I'm reppin you.

OFFICER FRIENDLY

I don't remember anything about Dave talking with Nick, I just know he was saying Megadeth should have ended when he left and would like to get that line up back together.

pest666 said:
Actually, Dave has been talking to Nick.....
Smart Dave. I think DeGrasso sucks. He kills bands. Bands disappear
after he becomes their drummer. He's done at least 3 times that I can
think of. Menza's their best drummer, since they can't get Gar back.
There was one funny story I heard, I think Dave was talking about the
first time he met Gar and Gar passed out in front of Dave holding a lit
cigarette and Dave thought that was pretty cool. If I remember this right?

OFFICER FRIENDLY.

Didn't Dave Mustaine fuck his arm or shoulder up real bad like a year ago? At the time I read the story he said he had nerve damage and wasn't gonna be able to play a guitar again in the foreseable future.

Weird. Why the fuck would he lie or exaggerate? Maybe he'll write a song about it one of these days. The metal world is a better place when Dave is playing a guitar. He's the master IMO.

That's "show biz." :rolleyes:

I remember when a member of 'deth told me that "Dave was sick," so some Megadeth shows were cancelled during the "Countdown To Extinction" tour.

Some years later on the "Behind The Music," I found out the truth. Dave had gotten back on drugs, OD'd and almost died.