Dave mustaine wants to get in contact with testament.

Dave did the same thing last year trying to get in touch with Exodus. You would think he could get some info without help from board members.

Man if Testament gets added to the tour I will be happier then a pig in shit.

xAm_I_Evilx said:
as long as they get a good size slot....hopefully Dave doesn't offer them some lame 25 min. slot....

I was thinking the same thing if they get on I hope they at least get to be one of the main acts on the first or second stage.I want to see them at least for 45 min to an hour.

Hey you may be pleased if they're gonna be part of this, so, you have another chance of seeing them, even if they just play 40 minutes or so. I go to Waldrock fest in the Netherlands, mainly to see Strapping Young Lad, and they play also about 35 minutes (I think at 3:30pm), but hey, that doesn't mind me, I'm glad I will see them again.

I just wonder if this tour will ever hit the UK? I hate to be bitter about this shit, but in Scotland we've been royally fucked over with festivals... it's always the real killer 10-15 band line-ups that play in England - then in Scotland we're lucky if we get about 2 of those bands and a bunch of total wank supporting. Last years Download was a prime example. The organisers in Scotland had the audacity to whine about the amount of money they've lost and how they'll never hold another Download event again because of the lack of ticket sales? No wonder there's a lack of ticket sales!!! If anyone with a brain had the chance of seeing 15 killer bands in England or 13 shit ones in Scotland - IT'S FUCKING ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!!! What do these idiot promoters expect... to just throw us a bone, when elsewhere are getting premium steak rare!!! Fuck that...

If the Gigantour come to anywhere in the UK... I'll be in attendance as long as the line-up stays as killer as it is now (give or take a couple of bands, either way)

Ramses-Bringer Of War said:
I just wonder if this tour will ever hit the UK? I hate to be bitter about this shit, but in Scotland we've been royally fucked over with festivals... it's always the real killer 10-15 band line-ups that play in England - then in Scotland we're lucky if we get about 2 of those bands and a bunch of total wank supporting. Last years Download was a prime example. The organisers in Scotland had the audacity to whine about the amount of money they've lost and how they'll never hold another Download event again because of the lack of ticket sales? No wonder there's a lack of ticket sales!!! If anyone with a brain had the chance of seeing 15 killer bands in England or 13 shit ones in Scotland - IT'S FUCKING ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!!! What do these idiot promoters expect... to just throw us a bone, when elsewhere are getting premium steak rare!!! Fuck that...

If the Gigantour come to anywhere in the UK... I'll be in attendance as long as the line-up stays as killer as it is now (give or take a couple of bands, either way)

That was an awful festival.

:yuk:

Having seen Testament in London and only spending like, £80 on tickets, flight and other stuff I reckon I'll probably head down south more.

I'd rather see Testament do this gig if their normal jobs don't get in the way. Although I would rather see Testament headling.......I think they would sell more Merch doing this gig too!

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the Gigantour.com web site:

"A few days ago, while considering what to do for the first week or so of shows until THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN joins Gigantour, and what my options were at the time when my fantastic 'co-headliners' DREAM THEATER were going to have to depart, I mentioned that I may move someone to Stage 1 from Stage 2. Well, I am no longer considering that.

"You see, I had contemplated having six acts on each stage, but at that length of time and with that amount of talent, each band would have had their set-time cut down, and I would just be having bands on for the sake of having bands on.

"I am not a 'second-guesser' kind of guy, and I am going to stick with five acts per stage, and keep the set times as long as I can with respect to each band and their accomplishments so far.

"Of course, there is sure to be some instances where one act is bigger than another in a different city as opposed to their position on the bill, but the 'goings on' behind the scenes on a touring festival like this is quite laborious and once things are in a groove, it is much easier AND better for the crew working in the trenches everyday to keep it in the groove. You must know that the bands make it 'rock', but the crews make it "roll."

"So, here are the set times for Stage 1:

MEGADETH - Co-headline (90 mins)
DREAM THEATER - Co-headline (90 mins) confirmed through 6/21-9/3/2005
FEAR FACTORY - Special Guests (45 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - Guests (30 mins) confirmed 8/2-9/11/2005
NEVERMORE - Guests (30 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005

Stage 2:

LIFE OF AGONY (40 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005
SYMPHONY X (30 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005
DRY KILL LOGIC (20 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005
[last act to be confirmed this week] (20 mins) 6/21-9/11/2005
BOBAFLEX (20 mins) confirmed 6/21-9/11/2005

"Once DREAM THEATER has to leave, I have my short list for the next act to finish out the last week of Gigantour 1 in North America; ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT, and OVERKILL are just to name a few. In fact, I left things with Scott Ian and we both agreed, that it would be a perfect time and position for ANTHRAX, as I am sure it would.

"So, for now, I am pretty much done with all of the selecting talent, excluding the announcement of the "new school who does old school" metal band coming up this week. The holiday took precedence over the tour business and I was unable to wrap this up before the weekend, but it will get finished this week.

"I want to wish a great Memorial Day Weekend to the friends here who celebrate it, and to all of my awesomes guests on the roster for Gigantour 1."

I guess he want Testament on the last part of the tour...forget that Testament and Nevermore should just do a tour after Gigantour is over with.I got this from blabbermouth by the way.

Radagast said:
:err: How can Fear Factory get more than Nevermore????

I agree 100%.

In my fantasy world BOTH Nevermore and Testament would boycott this after seeing the $250 special seat packages that Dave has arranged. THEN both Nevermore and Testatment would co-headline a tour with just the two of them and be able to play 90-120 min sets apeice.

Yeah, I know, I have posted this NM and TTMT proposal many times over the years, but dammit, THIS SHOULD HAPPEN. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: