David Sylvian Lovers!!

December Soul

Aug 9, 2004
Bordeaux, France
I discovered David Sylvian 3 years ago when Jonas used to recommend it in his playlists, and I gotta say, I felt in love with the guy, his songs, his personality and his philosophy. I bought every single record I could find of him and I wondered how he was never mentioned in this forum. I mean, everything he does is "pure genious", He was even listed as Jonas vocal influence on the LFDGD period. So, you real metalheads and others who are familiar with his work, what dya have to say bout him? you're favorite song or album for instance. Cheers!!!

david_sylvian_live2.jpg

crap.....I remember seeing that and getting at least one song when you wrote that Jesse......unfortunately I am lazy, so although I heard it and actually listened to it alot I never did get anything else by him.....poo....I should get off my ass....

lovely artist, a genius, one of my favourite songwriters ever...he's got such a rich voice, Secrets of the Beehive and Gone to Earth are his best works imo. His music is dark, epic, moving, full of ambient, orchestral and jazz elements...such a visionary, i'm a huge, huge fan. I discovered him due to his collaboration with Robert Fripp(the first day, a great album, rockin' stuff).

I <3 Sylvian..

though i only got one of his album's here . ' Gone to earth ' .. ( bought it some 3 years ago.. when I went to the south of Brazil and it was pretty expensive )

got some other stuff from internet.. :|

and yea.. i must thank Jonas for that one too. ( and so mutch other good stuff .. )

I love Damage....the first version of the live album he did with Fripp. Stunning stuff. Heartbeat off the otherwise patchy Ryuichi Sakamoto album is also fantastic.

Saw him live in Hammersmith about 4 or 5 years ago and was very impressed.