Live Katatonia 2000 metalfest

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
So I just watched the live performance of Katatonia and Opeth in Wisconson 2000.
As a lover of Katatonia I would have to say that their performance was poor only because of sound difficulties. I know that they seem to think that it was the "worst event in their career".
Anyway they did the song Endtime from BMD and Jonas did the harsh vocals. They didnt show him for one second singing that song, I was disapointed. I thought he did a good job with it. Has he done any harsh vocals recently(since LFDGD) live?I was sort of suprised that Micke of Opeth didnt come out to sing or something.
Discuss, discuss.
Have any of you seen it? What did you think?

I was there for their Metalfest performance, and at the time, it sounded heavenly. In retrospect I am sure it was due to expectation and intoxication, as I just recently heard the bootleg of it. Awful. Bloody awful. So awful, that blushed upon hearing it. Granted, most of it was not their fault; technical issues, shitty stage, shitty sound, etc. But I can really understand why Blakkheim has asked that noone share that bad memory. Every band has at least one show where nothing goes right and ends up being the worst event in their career; Metalfest 2000 was Katatonia's.

I skipped Opeths set on the video and headed right for the sweet shit(I have seen them a few times). I was not paying much attention to the set list but I will watch the whole think sometime and post the set lists for both bands.