DAW build - what you reckon?

I'm not. Just recording for my band. Can't be arsed with the hassle of raid. I'd rather just manually backup the files I need using a 3rd-party app.

A RAID system used as a main system disk is not intended as a replacement for backing up data. In parity configurations it will provide a backup-like feature to protect from catastrophic data loss caused by physical damage or errors on a single drive. Many other features of backup systems cannot be provided by RAID arrays alone. The most notable is the ability to restore an earlier version of data, which is needed to protect against software errors causing unwanted data to be written to the disk, and to recover from user error or malicious deletion. RAID can also be overwhelmed by catastrophic failure that exceeds its recovery capacity and, of course, the entire array is at risk of physical damage by fire, natural disaster, or human forces. RAID is also vulnerable to controller failure since it is not always possible to migrate a RAID to a new controller without data loss.[12]

So there!! :p

I'm about to buy me a rig with almost the same settings, please tell us how it's working so far, also with which daw will you use it?

I bought the stuff already now. What I got in the end was this:

1 Arctic Silver5 THERMAL PASTE
1 PE-107 PCI-e FireWire 800
1 Scythe MUGEN2 CPU Cooler
1 Corsair 650W 650HXUK 80 PLUS
2 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX
1 Fractal Design Define R3 Black
1 Intel Core i7 2600K
1 GByte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3
1 8GB 2x4G CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

650W is more than enough for this machine. I decided to get 2 1TB SATA6gbs. One as OS drive, one as audio recording and project drive. I've got another drive which will serve as BFD data-drive and another drive which will serve as backups. The money I saved on the PSU basically paid for the 2nd HDD too.
looks good, man. Me real jelly.

Machine built. Initial tests indicate a smooth running setup, but I haven't yet played back a full project. I did get smooth performance in Reaper however, and used the DAW Bench project and got 172 ReaXComps running at 64 buffer size. Beats my Q6600's amount of 56!!

Clocking in at 4.5ghz CPU at the moment. Doubt I'll need to push it higher, but the option is there.

Interestingly it would seem that SATA3 6gbs makes a difference - about 45 minutes to copy 242GB.