Day of rememberance

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
As we all go to gatherings with family and friends today, let us not forget the real reason for this day. Let us all remember those who have fallen in the defense of the way of life we all hold so dear and true to our heart. Our freedom. The freedom we have that enables us to come to this forum and speak our mind on anything we want. The freedom of being able to travel to any place we want, the freedom to do and achieve whatever our heart desires. Being a member of a band of brothers as i am and having served in the US ARMY for over twenty years, this day sometimes brings sadness to my heart as i think of the friends lost, never to be seen or heard from again, but they live on in my thoughts and in my heart. So please remember the sons and daughters, the husbands and wives, the mothers and fathers, the friends and neighbors who payed the ultimate sacrifice so we could be free.

Just a thought everyone have a great day and be safe, but above all else stay metal. :headbang:

John

Pyramaze51 said:
As we all go to gatherings with family and friends today, let us not forget the real reason for this day. Let us all remember those who have fallen in the defense of the way of life we all hold so dear and true to our heart. Our freedom. The freedom we have that enables us to come to this forum and speak our mind on anything we want. The freedom of being able to travel to any place we want, the freedom to do and achieve whatever our heart desires. Being a member of a band of brothers as i am and having served in the US ARMY for over twenty years, this day sometimes brings sadness to my heart as i think of the friends lost, never to be seen or heard from again, but they live on in my thoughts and in my heart. So please remember the sons and daughters, the husbands and wives, the mothers and fathers, the friends and neighbors who payed the ultimate sacrifice so we could be free.

Just a thought everyone have a great day and be safe, but above all else stay metal. :headbang:

John

Amen.

Everyone, past and present, who has served this country has my uttmost respect and gratitude. Thank you all for your selfless service. The men & women of the U.S. Armed Forces rock... :headbang:

Pyramaze51 said:
The freedom we have that enables us to come to this forum and speak our mind on anything we want.

I'm sceptical about how great this freedom really is for you. If this freedom didn't exist, imagine how much better your lives would be. I wouldn't be in your lives. Everyone would be much happier. Can you image what it would be like to not have me around? To not have to experience extreme anger 24/7? That my friends is REAL freedom!

But in my case, A FUCKING MEN to freedom of speech!!!

Women are such cunts.

I sill want Mattias dead.

Anyways, I did a bit of rememberance too.

I played IE's Gettysburg today. And we called our buddy who just finished basic training in the Army. And I saw a helluva lotta Stars and Bars flying everywhere. It's good to see people who still believe and support our troops regardless of politics.

My daughter and I planted flowers at my dad's grave. He was a Veteran. We were so into planting the flowers that I didn't realize we had laid the American Flag on the ground, another Vet came by and told us to place it up against the tombstone.

I wanted to die of embarrassment (bet my dad was laughing though....)

Right on, Pyramaze51. My father also served in the Army and fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He's told me some crazy F#%@ing stories.

Give thanks ...

Bryan316 said:

I played IE's Gettysburg today. And we called our buddy who just finished basic training in the Army. And I saw a helluva lotta Stars and Bars flying everywhere. It's good to see people who still believe and support our troops regardless of politics.

That's what I'm talkin' about! I can't wait for next Tuesday when the DVD comes out! :headbang:

Bryan316 said:

I agree whole-heartedly.. and infuriates me that some do and feel the need to specificly attack the troops....

You know, it is sad to see so few responses on this thread. I started one last year on Memorial Day and it got even fewer responses. This isn't about politics, it is about rememberance, and gratitude, for those who do a job most wouldn't.

Respect.

TheWhisper said:
You know, it is sad to see so few responses on this thread. I started one last year on Memorial Day and it got even fewer responses. This isn't about politics, it is about rememberance, and gratitude, for those who do a job most wouldn't.

Respect.
Yes it is very sad Whisper, but I as one veteran i appreciated every response, and you can tell they all come from the heart. And yes it is about those brave young men and women who are willing with all their heart and soul to go the extra mile and to protect and preserve the freedoms and rights all of us have and may at times take for granted. I served proudly and yes was shoot at and yes was wounded (twice) guess i didn't learn to duck and i would do it again in a heartbeat. It was an honor for me to serve and protect this land of ours and all its citizens regardless, politics never crossed my mind. All i can say is I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, and god bless them. :worship:

Pyramaze51 said:
I served proudly and yes was shoot at and yes was wounded (twice) guess i didn't learn to duck and i would do it again in a heartbeat. It was an honor for me to serve and protect this land of ours and all its citizens regardless, politics never crossed my mind. All i can say is I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, and god bless them. :worship:

(I'd have responded earlier, but the Forum software kept crashing on me. o_O )

Just wanted to pass along my support for veterans and active-duty troops as well. We exist at a time when daring to display an American flag can cost you otherwise-decent friends who use their own politics to bash you...but I'll proudly support the men and women who preserve, protect and defend us.