Daylight Dies news update..

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
[size=-1]September . 05 . 2004 - 'Writing concludes for second album''[/size]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]
The writing process is now completed for the as of yet untitled second Daylight Dies album. The finishing touches and details are being added to all songs and the band will soon book studio time. There are eight songs in total with all the material clocking in a bit under one hour in length. The song titles, album title and more details on the album will be revealed very shortly. Daylight Dies looks forward to finally recording an album all have worked hard on and reigniting the momentum that began with No Reply. Stay tuned for more information on the album to come.[/size][/font]

It seems we want a sample, Jesse. I can't wait for the next album, if it's better than "No Reply" then it should be some groundbreaking stuff.

I just found out about your band by visiting bloodbath site few days ago.
And I have to say that Daylight Dies kicks ass! Keep up good work.

We in new england are also enthusiastic about the new album. We also observe and respect your legal commitments not to post samples. That is, unless you have no such obligations. In such case, let's make with the samples.

Franky

the_dying said:
Finally, after two years... Will be 3 years when it's released. Under Relapse?

We've been done with the material for a while, but unfortunately as a band you can't always enter the studio exactly when you want. The album came out October 2002, so next month it will have been 2 years since the album came out, not 3.

As far as further details with the release/recording of the album.. we'll definitely post them as soon as we have them available. Right now there is just a lot going on in the 'business' side of things.. trying to get everything straightened out. The album is done though.. waiting to be absorbed..

Well there are some unforseen delays, due to nothing of our own fault, but rather the biz and with the label. It's hard to try and explain this as it changes from day to day and obviously much of the info is somewhat private/not for public consumption at this point.

Regardless, it's looking like we'll put a demo of a new track online in the very near future for all to crank, especially since we've still not been able to enter the studio as of yet. It's not too fun sitting on finished material and having no control of when we can get it all recorded..

I sympathize man. Typical corporate bullshit. It's the same with any industry. You're on "their" time now. They, of coarse, are more than eager for you to bust ass and be productive just so they can feel secure that the product is there at their bidding.
Also reminds me of military mentality........hurry up and wait.
It's a real pain in the ass but what can you do about it right?

I'm looking forward to the new material as well. I wish Relapse would get off their arses and book you some decent studio time to get this thing happening!