DC Cooper - am I missing something?

I just hope it's a him with a full "electric" band. While acoustic DC Cooper is cool, more than 20 minutes would be a big let down. Especially after the two power metal bands before his set. The last time he played at the Pre-show it was embarrassing how unprepared he and the band were. It was strictly acoustic and disappointing. So many great songs and it all sounded bad on that night. I love DC and his voice but like any rock artist, he needs some diversity in his music and performance.

It is full electric.

And I couldn't disagree more about the acoustic show from way back.

My personal favorite Silent Force is Worlds Apart.. that's a great starting point.

What he said! Worlds Apart is awesome...followed by Infatuator. Master of my Destiny is an awesome tune.

I would love to see him perform some tunes he did guest vocal stuff on but that wont happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope it's a him with a full "electric" band. While acoustic DC Cooper is cool, more than 20 minutes would be a big let down. Especially after the two power metal bands before his set. The last time he played at the Pre-show it was embarrassing how unprepared he and the band were. It was strictly acoustic and disappointing. So many great songs and it all sounded bad on that night. I love DC and his voice but like any rock artist, he needs some diversity in his music and performance.

Just wanted to point out to those unaware, his backing band was comprised of fans out of the audience that met for the first time that afternoon. It was meant to be a unique in that regard and announced as such in advance. Tore joined him for a few tunes half way through the set.

Given that Metal Archives says DC was a finalist in the competition to be Judas Priest's vocalist...I'd love to hear him do a Priest tune. That would be pretty goddamn epic. Like seeing Jorn do Dio...so fucking great.

That's brave of you to mention. I've never heard of them either.

Their fourth disc 'Astronomy' was in my top ten in 2006...and it still stands as one of THE most powerful symphonic metal discs I have ever heard. A true standard bearer in that particular sub genre of metal. The followup...'Under The Grey Banner'...while good, did not grab me by the short hairs like 'Astronomy' did. I can still put on 'Supernova' and get goose bumps on my goose bumps. There is almost nothing like the wall of sound that song produces on my 'big' stereo system.

Given that Metal Archives says DC was a finalist in the competition to be Judas Priest's vocalist...I'd love to hear him do a Priest tune. That would be pretty goddamn epic. Like seeing Jorn do Dio...so fucking great.

When Silent Force played PPUSA they did "You've Got Another Thing Comin'." Kind of a safe pick, but it was still fun. And they covered "All Guns Blazing" on their second album I think.