DC Earthquake

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
So apparently a 5.9 earthquake just hit the DC area.

I am in CT and we felt it up here... Our building just shook. Is everyone in that area ok? There are still not many reports of the story in the news, but just wanted to check in with you all!

All good here in Fairfax, VA, but it was a trip feeling it on the seventh floor. Naturally my first thought was "Nooo, the world can't end before ProgPower!!!"

Yeah, 5.9 is considered moderate...it was very trippy to feel it all the way up here though! We're on the third floor and all of a sudden it all started rocking... Glad to hear things are good!

Felt it here in Queens, NY.

Working from home today. There is major construction being done on my apartment building and my first thought was that someone made a big mistake and the building was collapsing. Then I read about the quake. Scary either way.

Hope everyone is OK.

Our building shook in the CHICAGO suburbs. We're on the 3rd floor and everyone felt dizzy and lightheaded and then people started asking "is the building shaking?" and "can you feel that too".
Very trippy feeling!

Man, haven't been in an earthquake since I left CA. It was funky. I first felt the floor and desk vibrating and was about to ask what was going on when everything else started shaking.

Phone service, BTW, has been intermittent. I don't have signal on my cell and landline has been up and down.

:lol: today's reality:

seismic_waves.png

We felt it pretty good, here at the State Department.

Being a government goon, of course my first thought was that we were under attack, followed by "Oh thank GOD it's just an earthquake!"

Well apparently we did get it. My grandma felt it as she was in the basement but since I was on the upper floor I felt nothing. Parents also felt it to wherever they were at. I feel all left out now :(

I was in the place of no left turns allowed and no self serve gas stations (also known as New Jersey) on business when it hit. I did feel it but it was minor.

Back home in Virginia, my house is only 35 or 40 miles from the epicenter. Looks like it shook the hot water tank enough to crack the plastic piping and spring a huge leak. My wife called me and told me the house was flooded pretty good, as she wasn't home when the earthquake it. Hope she can clean it up, otherwise we may need to call in the experts.

She already called the plumber we've used in the past and they said they can come out today and fix the broken pipe. (Crossing fingers)

So I'm not sure how things will pan out eventually. :(

My son was working as a lifeguard in Belmar, NJ and says they felt it pretty good on the beach. I was on a machine at the gym blasting metal and it just seemed normal to me. :err:

People on the west coast are already mocking us. Love this photo someone someone posted on stardust2122's FB page:

DC EARTHQUAKE DEVESTATION!

media_httpFamousDCcom_aEwdF.jpg.scaled500.jpg

I was setting in my living room talking with someone in NY when I start to hear and hear a slit vibration that kept getting louder and more intense but I figurehead it was just someone's loud bass in their car. As the building start to vibrated harder I thought "what the hell are my neighbors doing now". But I never thought of an earthquake, After my phone conversation I did not think anymore of it until I saw Justin's post about it on FB, and thought that was strange that it effect NC as well. Then I saw it posted on Mark Edwards page.
Needless to say, yes it did shake NC. Sadly there is no Thundarr world outside my door.