DC Show (Friday Aug 8th)

amaranth24

Ya Yellow Rat Bastid!!!
Jun 10, 2006
VA
Looks like Momo, beat me on the show reviews.

M.O.D. stopped at my house for an hour and a half. It was great having the guys at my new house, actually now that I think of it, M.O.D. were the first guests we had at our new house. We had homemade lasagna for the guys. Billy played Mario Kart with my 4 year old boy, Joseph. Billy was messing with Joseph by shouting "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!".

The show in DC show was at a tiny place called the Velvet Lounge. Downstairs was the bar area, upstairs was the stage. I think my bedroom was bigger than the upstairs area. Across the street was a gay bar, and we kept ragging on all the queers across the street. I got to hang out with M.O.D. & Fueled By Fire outside the club, the drunks that kept walking back & forth had us laughing our asses off.

There were 2 local acts before Fueled By Fire came on. Fueled By Fire was awesome, the kids in the band are between 16-21. The lead guitarist is 16, but plays like veteran, I guess this kid was born with a guitar in his hand, he was awesome. Anyways, Fueled By Fire definitely sounded like an 80's thrash band, they were great.

M.O.D. did a more serious show than previous ones, no ballads this time and a much faster pace. As always, M.O.D. put on an awesome show. Billy still ripped on people as always. It was great to finally hear True Colors, Don't Feed The Bears, and Imported Society. In the fall, M.O.D. is planning for a European tour, then they will probably do festivals in the U.S. Billy definitely said he won't do anymore albums, but will probably put about 2-3 new songs either on his website, or the M.O.D. myspace page. Billy said he's been doing a lot of walking & riding his bike (about 20 miles a day), which is why he hasn't been online as much. M.O.D. finished their set around 2:am, and I took off shortly after (since I had an hour drive back home). Great show, and I hope M.O.D. will come back this way again. :headbang: