dc++

gregofbodom

Apr 9, 2004
DC bitch
www.excelone.cjb.net
im sorry to post something irrelevant to cob, but i just dled dc++ and i honestly have no idea how to use it. when i press search nothing happens. i just am completely clueless as to how to go about using this program. i would very much like somebody to explain it to me. thanks

when you open dc++(after installing it the first time) a window comes up where you have to put nickname in(put it in)

in the same window, on the side click sharing. click add folder, and add whatever folder you have all your files in(must have more the 500mb shared) on the same little screen, you change the number of slots(upload slots) you have change this to 10(which is what i have mine at) click ok

to get onto a hub - while in the main window, click on the gold star on the top, and a different screen shows up. click the new button and new window pops up, it has name, address, etc.... and put this in:

name: UM Hub
address: paladin.sublevels.net
press ok and repeat

name: UM Hub
address: wintermute.sublevels.net

after this click the little boxes next to the names on the favorite hub window, and then double click on one or both of them, this will connect you to the hub/s.

when you connect to paladin.sublevels.net, it will ask you to register, go here http://paladin.sublevels.net/board/ and register(with the name you put as your nickname). after that is done go back to dc++ and reconnect(2 arrows that are in a circle) it will ask you to put in a password, put it in(one from when you registered) and then you'll be connect to the hub, search for stuff and then just download from people and the rest should be easy, ask anything else if you more help.