DDRUM TRIGGER->COMPRESSOR->DAW->DRUMAGOG???

JamesNorman

Oct 8, 2009
Alrite Guys i just picked up three tom triggers at a steal for £60 already have a kick trigger and snare......

Basically would i know the concepts of sample replacement, done it by hand many a time, THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKING.

Do you guys run your triggers into compressors before the DAW? DO you think this is a good idea?

Then what sample replacement software do you use?
Im looking into buying drumagog/trigger/etc

What would you guys recommend?

I rarely do that for toms if I ever trigger them, but sometimes (especially for tracking) it can be handy to run the kick trigger through dynamic processing in your DAW to prevent mistriggering, etc.

i use a gate to cut the transients really tight then limit it with an limiter to even the hits. this way your not compressing the background noise that would actually make it trigger worse

I don't understand this thread... if you have your triggers' gain set properly there is no need for any of this... gating or compression, there is no bleed except maybe a tiny bit from snare so why would you need to gate them??

haha yeah man, i would never gate triggers

I know compressing it would take the dynamic away but i'm not gonna do it 10/1, but i'm recording metal were the drums don't really need alot of dynamics. I wouldn't use triggers unless recording metal, so i don't think dynamics are an issue.

I have yet to try it, im gonna see next time in the studio with a drummer.