Dead Reckoning

Apr 3, 2004
Nashville, TN
I just got my copy of this cd and I love it. I don't know if it is my favorite Threshold disc but it is high on the list. I will say that this is my favorite vocal performance by MAC. he seems to get better with each disc. My favorite song on the disc is Pilot in the Sky of Dreams wow what and awesome some. I love everything about it. the production is top notch and the songs are very good and very melodic. I thank everyone on the board who raved about this disc. I am sure that the new songs will sound great live. Can't wait to see this band again.

While I'm a fan of all the bands on the roster (hey that's the only way I'll book them!), I'll be brutally honest and say that Threshold is the band that I'm looking forward to seeing the most this year.

I will also say that Mac's song choices in the Jam sent me over the edge when Richard told me. :worship: :OMG: :worship:

As much as I like Threshold, I really don't think much of Dead Reckoning. The music is pretty good, but just doesn't really stand out. I also think the vocals lack punch. A couple of times on this CD I thought, "this sounds like late Beach Boys." I'm a bit disappointed.

I just got my copy of this cd and I love it. I don't know if it is my favorite Threshold disc but it is high on the list. I will say that this is my favorite vocal performance by MAC. he seems to get better with each disc. My favorite song on the disc is Pilot in the Sky of Dreams wow what and awesome some. I love everything about it. the production is top notch and the songs are very good and very melodic. I thank everyone on the board who raved about this disc. I am sure that the new songs will sound great live. Can't wait to see this band again.

This indeed is a GREAT Threshold album. Dead Reckoning is the best CD I have bought in 2007 so far. I am so glad that they are returning to ProgPower this year, as I only discoverd them when Glenn booked them the first time around...

A couple of times on this CD I thought, "this sounds like late Beach Boys."

If "Dead Reckoning" sounds like Beach Boys, then I need order some Beach Boys albums. Maybe you can suggest a couple of albums that include "Beach Boy Growls."

If "Dead Reckoning" sounds like Beach Boys, then I need order some Beach Boys albums. Maybe you can suggest a couple of albums that include "Beach Boy Growls."

I felt like they were "token" growls to give the songs a heavier sound. I agree 100% with Ascension; you wouldn't notice them if they weren't there. Excepting the growls, they vocals lacked punch IMO.

A good release but not as good as Hypothetical. l do like the heavier direction. The harsh vocals are useless...take them out & you wouldn't even miss them.

Here's another thread on the subject.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/296042-threshold.html

Yeah, I sort of felt like they didn't contribute very much too. When I heard they were going to use them, I thought they had slightly more ambitious plans. They might not have helped the songs but at least they didn't detract from them either.