Dead Soul Tribe or Psychotic Waltz?

Speaking of DST, anyone else think they're heavily Tool influenced? They even use some identical chord progressions and the drummer Adel Moustafa definitely comes from the Danny Carey school considering his tribal beats, subtle polyrhythms, and creativity.

No surprise since Devon has mentioned several times that Tool/APC have been his favourite band for the last couple of years. At one point, he even worked for them on tour in Austria if I remember.

Angrafan said:
I like both bands..

DST is a bit repetitive.. My favorite album is probably January Tree.. I really like it :)

from PW my favorite is probably Bleeding...

Bleeding was the 1st that I picked up of PW and to this day is still my favorite from them. I agree with the repetitiveness on DST...I liked the 1st release. After picking up the releases that followed, I always found myself going back to the 1st, so... :erk:

I love PW. DST is fine in small chunks, but becomes repetitive after awhile.

Though a PW seems unlikely, I never thought we'd see Conception on the PP stage, so who knows? If it did happen, it would be amazing...

dt

I can tell you this, if Psychotic Waltz had a reunion and even a small tour, I can place my bets the shows would sell out.

I find it funny that Mr.Lackey, is so damn close minded to playing at Progpower or America in general. I realize they were bigger in Europe, but still the chance to play in front ot 1200 people who would appreciate your music(which I would guess would be their biggest show in the U.S. for them) in your own country,could be a once in a lifetime experience. I say "F" Mr. Lackey, lets get the rest of PW, and find them someone else to sing. A capable vocalist shouldn't be hard to find. Would it be the same, No. But, it would still rock

BABS said:
I can tell you this, if Psychotic Waltz had a reunion and even a small tour, I can place my bets the shows would sell out.

Amen to that...What blows me away is that when i talk with Norm Leggio or Brian Mcalpine (Psychotic Waltz) they seem so surprised by the following that they still have today. Go figure...:Smug:

EDVANTASIA said:
I say "F" Mr. Lackey, lets get the rest of PW, and find them someone else to sing. A capable vocalist shouldn't be hard to find. Would it be the same, No. But, it would still rock

Agreed. All it would take is some AWESOME singer who was a huge fan of PW to join them on stage and NAIL the tunes. Like Leatherwolf did with Wade Black this year. I'm no fan of theirs, but word from the fans has it Wade is perfect for them and blew away all of the old fans with his vocals.

I'm a HUGE fan of the first two PW albums, and I like Bleeding too. Don't have (and never heard) Mosquito.

As for DST, I have the first one, and I like it a bit. Hardly ever listen to it. I had the MP3s for A Murder of Crowes, and I liked it better, but never enough to buy it. I love Devon's voice so much, but as other have said DST can get pretty monotonous. For a band that idolizes Tool, they sure drag and stay in one gear a lot more than Tool does. When DST softens up and gets a bit psychedelic, they do sound MIGHTY good.
Now and Forever,
lmjh

And for those unaware, I did attempt to get PW reunion. Devon was a very gracious and nice guy, but he left me with a bitter taste after our last correspondance, "If we are going to do it and I don't think we ever will, why would we do it there? It would need to be done here (Europe) because nobody knows us over there."

grrrrr

I wonder if this berry has gotten any sweeter over the years? :Smokedev:

Just want to add support, I regularly wear my Into the Everflow shirt I got from last years fest when gigging out that said, if PW ever plays PPUSA I will be there front and center.