"Deadhead..." The Best Of Devin?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I posted here awhile ago, saying that I had purchased my first Devin Townsend CD, ACCELERATED EVOLUTION, and that I had loved it. And I had mentioned two songs that really impressed me, "Deadhead" and "Away."

Out of those two, I would have to say that "Deadhead" is just an absolute masterwork. And that's not a knock on "Away," it's just that "Deadhead" is that good...

Now, not having heard the other Devin Townsend CD's, I will have to say that this is the best. But I'm sure the good people here at the Devin Townsend boards have heard better. I can't really imagine it, but I'm sure there's another Devin Townsend song that will absolutely floor me. Who knows?

Deadhead has to be my favorite on AE,with suicide and Away close behind.That album is such a masterpiece.

If you want more incredible Dev,then just go out and buy Terria or Infinity RIGHT NOW!!!!!

You can't go wrong.

check out the songs "Funeral" and "Bastard" from the Ocean Machine album, as well as "Earth Day" and "Deep peace" from the Terria album!

AE=OM>Terria>Infinity>SYL>Physicist :D

Death of Music=Devin's greatest work IMO.

To keep up the trend.

Terria>OM>AE>Infinity>Physcist

Also, to the person who said Truth was there fav Devin song. I always found it odd that it is almost by far my favorite song on Infinity, it's just an amazing track. :D

Physicist is catchy, fun, and enjoyable. I just don't see where it is as deep and layered as his other works. I might be missing something though. It is a very good album, but compared to Ocean Machine or Terria, it just doesn't rank high.

"Deadhead" is an amazing and perfect composition... certainly one of Dev's best.

Demonspell said:
Terria>AE>Ocean Machine>infinity>Physicist

I would agree with this... though I'm still uncertain about Terria vs. AE... I feel Terria has higher high points... but AE is more consistant.