Devin = Best Musician

there are a handfull of songs I dont particularly enjoy, but I still definitely appreciate them...

and he is my favorite musician and IMO the best musician in music today. he's without a doubt the most creative and diverse. dev's great!

Originally posted by Devy_Metal
there are a handfull of songs I dont particularly enjoy, but I still definitely appreciate them...

I think there is quite a lot of what Devin does that you aren't supposed to enjoy. But as you said, you still appreciate them, which I feel is more the point.

I don't think Devin's put out anything that hasn't impressed me in some way, be it a proper album, live record, demo collection or anything else.

davin has something about his things that makes me feel that he's more than most other musicians. technically he may be (or he is for sure) not the best either on guitar and vocals, but he is something like an composer who has special skills in putting melodies and stuff together...the harmonics he makes that's what makes him special!

I enjoy the layered sort of production he does. It makes things sound huge. I can't really name another band that sounds the same in that way or in the overall musical style.