Dear Chipotle: Please stop scrimping on your burrito filling.

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
To whom it may concern:

I enjoy eating at Chipotle, mainly because the food is delicious and it comes in a good quality for what you pay for. However, because of a new nutrition program, I am limited in my ability to eat out to once or twice a month, and I look forward to a burrito on those days. The past two times now I've gone into your establishment, I've ordered a carnitas fajita burrito. The problem is, each time, I'm given what amounts to a very large tortilla filled with lettuce. I don't mind so much if I'm skimped on rice, lord knows I don't need the extra carbs, but when I'm served a meal on a tortilla roughly the circumference of the moon, and need to eat just over 1/2 of it to find any meat, or fajita vegetables, I find myself disgusted that I've just paid roughly $10 for what equates to a lettuce salad wrapped in a warm Mexican bread bowl. This is not what I look forward to. The fillings provided recently in the normal burritos would fill the one of the 3 soft-shell tacos to an acceptable amount. I am not the only one who has noticed this either, as several people in line during my visit had to request an adequate amount of the food they assumed they were paying for. I hope that you bring this information to your employees so that those of us who empty our wallets for full stomachs are not left wondering what we’re going to do for lunch.

I always tell them LIGHT ON THE LETTUCE for that reason. But usually by the time I get that far, I've got plenty of rice, meat, two different salsas, and sour cream to fill it out... they've never skimped at the Inner Harbor Chipotle.

Chipotle doesn't skimp here in IL. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Though recently Al and I discovered Baha Sol - it's like Chipotle, but with more selection. And they don't skimp on the fillings, either. Oh, and they have a complimentary salsa bar with 9 different kinds of salsa. It's pretty damn awesome, really.

I don't go to Chipotle much around here - I prefer Moe's and Baja Fresh. Mostly out of convenience, but I really like the selection and general taste of the other two as opposed to Chipotle. And they don't skimp on meat. :)

To whom it may concern:

I hate to break this to you, nailz... but Chipotle does not read this forum. (If I'm wrong, and it actually does, then can we PLEASE get a Chipotle table in the vendor room? :lol: )

FWIW, I have never had Chipotle skimp on a burrito, although the one near me only gives you three hard tacos, instead of four, which they're supposed to give you. I don't eat much Chipotle anymore, though... the hospital where I work has a La Salsa, which is similar to Chipotle but with more options. Their food isn't as good as Chipotle, but it sates any Mexican food cravings I might get.

Ten bucks, really???? Damn... I pay $5.50 for a burrito at my local Chipotle -- or something like $7.15 (?) if I order guacamole on it.

And they don't skimp on meat. :)

That's what she said! :heh:

I love Mexican food, but ever since my Taco El Norte incident 7 years ago, I don't eat much anymore. The incident involved a tamale cooked in corn leaves, & an earwig.....
Correction, HALF an earwig.....:puke:

Chipotle by me hasn't skimped ever either... I will say tho, there's a KILLER Chipotle-type place in Atlanta in the little food court over by Inn @ Ptrees that was better than Chipotle and stuff the burrito I got with fresh cilantro too... soooooo goooood... Between that and the sushi place in there, I eat pretty good!!

Burrito Bros, Gezzos, Baja Fresh. All better. But Chipotle is good. Chipotle has been the scene of an eat 2 burritos at lunch hall of fame, as well as a speed eating contest of one burrito.

It's my complaint. I sent it off to them and then posted a couple of places I thought people might get a kick out of it. There are few places I've been to that I would say are on par with Chipotle for the quality of fast food, but I'm glad to hear this may be a store isolated incident.

Baja Fresh was a major letdown the one time I tried it.

I too never had that problem at Chipotle.
Actually, Chipotle might be the most consistent fast food place these days.

I will NEVER understand how people can permit Taco Bell into their bodies. There is a reason why it is SO inexpensive. The grade of meat they use is literally one grade above dog food.

Chipotle by me hasn't skimped ever either... I will say tho, there's a KILLER Chipotle-type place in Atlanta in the little food court over by Inn @ Ptrees that was better than Chipotle and stuff the burrito I got with fresh cilantro too... soooooo goooood... Between that and the sushi place in there, I eat pretty good!!

That's Moe's... they're very, very good. :)

Am I the only one that's never heard of Chipotle's?

~ Jen

Am I the only one that's never heard of Chipotle's?

~ Jen

What makes them stand out is the cilantro lime rice. It really pulls the ingredients together, no matter what else you put in the burrito. Unfortunately, there are none closer to me than Raleigh right now (two hours away) so I've only been able to eat them twice in the last year. Which is probably a good thing; there was a location a block away from my last place of work, and I used to eat there every week!

I will NEVER understand how people can permit Taco Bell into their bodies. There is a reason why it is SO inexpensive. The grade of meat they use is literally one grade above dog food.

Really? That high? I just assumed they had their employees dump bags of diarreha into a meat frier, and scoop it into some thin paper circles before covering it with cheese-product.