Dear Jack Koshick

Originally posted by azal
my point is that he is still listing SX on his site and getting people in parts of NJ that are too far from NYC to buy tickets to see Symphony X and probably Seven Witches, because lets face it, the rest of the roster that day is pretty awful.

Right, everyone else sucks that day. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
you have a point, markgugs... 7 Witches sucks as well. :tickled:

Actually, I have an advance of the new Seven Witches, which features vocalist James Rivera (Helstar/Destiny's End) and bassist Joey Vera (Fates Warning/Armored Saint/Engine).

And I don't know what you're talkin about, I think the new album is pretty good. Easily the best Seven Witches has ever put out, but not better than Destiny's End or Helstar, which is what I wish Rivera would concentrate on.

A very big improvement though from all of the previous Seven Witches cds.

No, I just happen to have broader tastes than 99% of the regular posters on this forum. See? Very simple explanation. I don't need a show to be Symphony X for 9 hours and 14 other bands that sound near-identical to them to have fun.

Originally posted by markgugs
No, I just happen to have broader tastes than 99% of the regular posters on this forum. See? Very simple explanation. I don't need a show to be Symphony X for 9 hours and 14 other bands that sound near-identical to them to have fun.

I wouldn't say "broader" Markgugs... just different.

This thread is beyond the realms of funny. "Eat a dick" :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C L A S S I C. I don't mind the Jersey metalfest, its Okay. The New England metalfest this year rips it a new asshole though.

Hmmm, I don't agree, but then again, that's become a trend on this forum. The NE Fest has Opeth & Nevermore. Who else? Shadows Fall? I guess that's cool, but other than that, you've got a whole lot of grind/crust/metalcore bands and plenty of hardcore as well (it IS the NE Metal AND Hardcore Festival, after all). Unless you really want to sit through a ton of bands that sound like Killswitch Engage and/or Converge, that fest blows.

At least the NJ Fest has a bunch of kick-ass death metal bands (if you like that sort of thing), some old-school heroes, some power metal, a good mix or so it seems this year. Of course the NE Fest isn't run by Koshick, so points for that.