Death/Black Metal in 714 - ca

longfalcon13

i am the bloody earth
Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
i am a guitarist in northern orange county, looking for some people to jam with, perhaps start a band. my influences are bands like bloodbath, dimmu borgir, nevermore, dissection, and emperor as well as thrash/gothenburg stuff like dark tranquillity, testament, and lamb of god.

i am not to picky about what to play, just want to throw down some heavy shit and maybe get a band together if it flows. i am not incredibly good, just playing simple, heavy stuff.

longfalcon13 said:
i am a guitarist in northern orange county, looking for some people to jam with, perhaps start a band. my influences are bands like bloodbath, dimmu borgir, nevermore, dissection, and emperor as well as thrash/gothenburg stuff like dark tranquillity, testament, and lamb of god.

i am not to picky about what to play, just want to throw down some heavy shit and maybe get a band together if it flows. i am not incredibly good, just playing simple, heavy stuff.

Two guitarists looking for a bassist, vocalist and a drummer to start a death/grind metal band in orange county, California.
If anyone wants to start a real death/thrash/grind metal band, contact me.

email: dmisalive@yahoo.com

infl: cannibal corpse, dying fetus, black daliha murder, vader, slayer, children of bodom, at the gates, iron maiden, dimension zero, nile, decide, Cattle decapitation, Dissection etc.

hey, i play bass, i live in riverside, i'm in a band right now, but i have plenty of free time, me and a buddy of mine, who happens to be a ridiculously amazing drummer, have been talking of starting a melodic death metal band. i also know a very talented guitarist that may be interested, so maybe we could set something up. what kind of style do you have and how long have you been playing. oh, and if it helps any, we're pretty into bands like vehemence, vital remains, disillusion, hypocrisy, carcass, aborted, darkest hour, shit like that. so let me know what you have in mind.

wilson or die

i am interested, even though riverside is a little far....

yeah i have been playing for about 5-6 years now. my style is more or less straight-up swedish death metal like bloodbath / dismember, even though i don't listen to that stuff much. lately i have been trying my hand at blackened death metal like dimmu, akercocke, etc. i am not a wicked fast lead guitarist, and not much of a lead guitarist in general.

since everyone from so cal is posting in one spot might as well add myself to the list, just got through with a short lived batch of crap that had me driving from riverside to hemet for a band that wasn't all that great but had some radio potential, but since thats over i'm without right now and lookin for a band.

I play mostly melodic death/black metal, Dissection, Emperor, Enslaved, Opeth, In Flames, Katatonia are big influences but over into stuff like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, even Agalloch. If i'm going for death metal I tend to sound more like In Flames, Arch Enemy or At the Gates, black metal think Emperor/Enslaved, love to jam out with Opeth type stuff as well, but the time signatures tend to drive drummers and people that arn't used to them crazy. Been playing a bit over 3 years, basically rhythm guitar and not much lead. Pretty adaptable to musical styles too, just playing is the good part...no problem at all working in how someone else does it too.

I'm trapped up north in Santa Barbara. I'd love to be a vocalist and/or a rhythm guitarist. If anybody's in this area...I'm pretty desperate to join a real band, so even if you're within 40 miles, I'll fuckin' drive.

I'm very interested in this, all of your influences sound great, but the only way to be certain if theres something there, is to set something up, I have a fairly open schedule as does the drummer I know. so if any of you guys that play guitar, want to set something up, IM me on AIM "wilson or DIE", or email me at "wilson_or_DIE@yahoo.com", I'm not online that often so unless you read this and hour after i post this you probably won't catch me on AIM, if you go the route of email, i check it every other two days.

Although I live in riverside, the drummer lives in corona, and I'm in corona most of the time anyways, I don't know orange county that well, but I go to bionic in Fullerton sometimes, and that for instance, isn't that far from me. so if you have some jam space down there, we can make the trip, if you don't have a place, I can get something in riverside or corona, where we can set something up at, night is best for us, i've been playing bass about 3 years, the drummer has been playing at least over 5 years, the guy knows his shit.

oh yeah, now some questions, how old are you guys? What tuning do you write in/prefer, personally, I prefer B or drop C. Are you big on writing stuff? Have you been in any other previous bands that has released anything on cd or the internet? Do you have means of transportation? Equipment? If so, what? If you think of anything else I should know just say in the email.

Hope to hear from somebody soon.
-wilson

Shard....why'd ya have to go all the way to ucsb lol, no metal up there. I checked it out as possible school and it was just too far away from stuff, even though I love the area. Your stuff is really great though, hope you can find some people to make it all happen. Cool of you to put tabs up too, because there were some parts I as curious about.

wizard/wilson i'll send ya an email.

we should all have a UM jam fest. it'd be like 100 guitar players, and 2 or 3 drum/bass players... but really, a UM jam fest in so cal would be the shit.

Two guitarists looking for a bassist, vocalist and a drummer to start a death/grind metal band in orange county, California.
If anyone wants to start a real death/thrash/grind metal band, contact me.

email: dmisalive@yahoo.com

infl: cannibal corpse, dying fetus, black daliha murder, vader, slayer, children of bodom, at the gates, iron maiden, dimension zero, nile, decide, Cattle decapitation, Dissection etc.