Death growling

4l13n

Chocolate Misanthropia
Feb 24, 2009
I've been trying to growl for a while, and I think I am doing it correctly. At first I was using my throat which immediatelly resulted in a sore throat. Then I managed to concentrate my voice in the back of my throat, but obviously it's no where close to good. At least it doesn't hurt any when I am using the back of my throat. :headbang:

How loud should I start to go in the beginning? Should I just continue to do "low" growls and work further the more my voice progresses?

Does anyone know about any good excersices to get good at growling?

I have been practicing on the intro part for Angel of Death - Slayer, but I am not sure if I am doing it right.

How long time will it take until I start sounding "decently shitty"?

Now alot of people, and I mean ALOT of people, are saying that I need to use my esophaguhs (bad spelling). They usually say something like "blow out air from your gut, and asophaguhs, but there is no way in hell to get air inside your esophagus it's a MUSCLE.

Found some other threads like this one in the forum but they did not help, also I am not sure if I placed this thread in the right place, move it around as you please!:loco: