Death logo

Jun 21, 2002
NY
I noticed that on The Sound of Perseverance cover, the ghost/reaper that was on top of the H on all the other Death albums was removed. Was that at the request of Chuck or did you try out the Death logo without it?

Uhrm....if i remember correctly, The raper was taken of in another redign after symbolic. Which Chuck gave me a fax of. because it was a fax i basically had to redraw it and while i did, i made a few minor changes and refinements (VERY VERY MINOR STUFF) to little things that aways bugged me about it, like the outline and stuff. then i filled in the scythe and Chuck approved it. Thats basically all i did to it. The reaper was already gone before it got into my hands, but to answer your question, yes, chuck wanted to make the logo a bit more mature so a lot of the cartoony horror stuff was removed. I know the old school death logo is a classic but still think the last version is a lot more ominous looking

Another thing a lot of people don't notice is the cross going from being inverted to a more gothic looking iron cross.

Another thing I wanted to ask you is have you done any artwork for the new Control Denied When Machine and Man Collide?