The Logo

I wasn't really "pulling" age (though I could easily do so if I did want to), I just know what I thought was cool at 16 is not the same as what I think is cool now, so if you think CC is cool now that's fine. Maybe I worded it wrong, but that was my point.
Okay, w/e. Just had too many people being all "when you're older" on here.
Labels don't concern me... MCR and Hawthorn Heights are both very 'emotional' bands, and to be honest in the modern day climate would be considered emo, no matter what the traditional rendering of emo is. The word has changed to mean something else, now, so I don't think using it in connotation with the two aforementioned bands is an issue.
Okay, fine, I get that, it's just I created the emo thread to battle this misconception, mainly because the original emo bands were good but now get lumped in with this trash.

"It's not so much the pain, it's more the actual knife, pretending the picture is perfect, I cut myself to sleep". "If you could be the things I need, I'll crawl through knives at an inch per tear". They stray ridiculously close to emo or goth pop or whatever with lines like this, mind.
True, but then again it's not like emo and goth-pop are the only genres that have lyrics like that. A lot of dark music has depressive music.
http://www.myspace.com/nocturnaldepression
Are these guys emo? They have the most fucking depressing music ever. Their vocalist has been known to weep on album.

their new logo is ridiculous.

Okay, w/e. Just had too many people being all "when you're older" on here.

Okay, fine, I get that, it's just I created the emo thread to battle this misconception, mainly because the original emo bands were good but now get lumped in with this trash.

True, but then again it's not like emo and goth-pop are the only genres that have lyrics like that. A lot of dark music has depressive music.
Are these guys emo? They have the most fucking depressing music ever. Their vocalist has been known to weep on album.

The base of their logo is a razor blade...

That is so fucking stupid...

They're not emo, they just suck. Dear lawd.

-covers ranked in order-
#1 The Jester Race #1
Colony
Come Clarity
Lunar Strain
Whoracle
Clayman
Subterranean
Reroute To Remain
Soundtrack to your escape
A Sense Of Purpose

Come clarity hasn't got a razorblade drawn on it so it's not emo, end of discussion :loco:

death logo is cool yes, plain text well, new logo at least not plain teks

I've never been a huge fan of black metal anyway, beyond the more commercial bands (Satyricon, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir) ... and to me, that band just sounds ridiculous. Still, to each his own!

Emperor? Commercial? No way...
Try some of these: Limbonic Art, Dissection, Aborym
Those are much less harsh than most.
Also, give stuff like Darkthrone and Immortal a shot - they're awesome.

Well, I can understand people that love black metal. I like to listen to some Satyricon and Immortal sometimes, but it's not exactly my favourite type of music. Suicidal Black Metal? I just think it's wrong, and it sounds like shit. I would rather listen to some screamo than suicidal black metal, 'cause at least screamo has some aggression and originality to it. Even saying that, I don't listen to a single screamo band, and I'm not a big fan of the genre, so preferring that to suicidal BM is a big statement for me.

Emperor? Commercial? No way...
Try some of these: Limbonic Art, Dissection, Aborym
Those are much less harsh than most.
Also, give stuff like Darkthrone and Immortal a shot - they're awesome.

I've heard Dissection, didn't mind them.
I've got Darkthrone's Soulside Journey" (more death metal, but a hugely underrated album IMO) and Transylvanian Hunger, which is great. I still need to pick up A Blaze in the Northern Sky at some point. I've got "Pure Holocaust" by Immortal, it's alright. Maybe I need to check out more of their stuff.

I don't really think that you can call any of those bands commercial. You wouldn't ever hear them on an advertisement for like a car or something (I understand that you didn't mean bands that play for commercials, but I'm just talking about ways they would be publicized for the masses). Just because a band isn't the heaviest in the genre does NOT make them an outcast or whatever. Just puts them up there, and I guess gets them more attention.
I don't really know how to say what I'm trying to say, just that they are NOT commercial :p

Commercial as in theyre the most popular and accessible of the black metal genre. I don't think that's too controversial. Satyricon and Dimmu definately slot into that, Emperor's newer stuff I think fits into that too, and they're the band many people associate with BM.

Commercial as in theyre the most popular and accessible of the black metal genre. I don't think that's too controversial. Satyricon and Dimmu definately slot into that, Emperor's newer stuff I think fits into that too, and they're the band many people associate with BM.

Yep.

Satyricon = commercial (from black metal to black 'n roll. :erk:

Cradle of filth = commercial ( i know, not ''real'' black metal but they're much more ''to get into'' these days, if you get what i mean.

Dimmu borgir = commercial (more easier to get into.)

I've heard Dissection, didn't mind them.
I've got Darkthrone's Soulside Journey" (more death metal, but a hugely underrated album IMO) and Transylvanian Hunger, which is great. I still need to pick up A Blaze in the Northern Sky at some point. I've got "Pure Holocaust" by Immortal, it's alright. Maybe I need to check out more of their stuff.
Yeah. And maybe try some folk/black stuff too; Primordial, Einsiferum, Enslaved, etc.
And of course, you need to own these albums:
Bathory: Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
Bathory: Blood Fire Death
Bathory: Hammerheart

Emperor's "newer stuff?"
Not black metal, for one thing. Also, probably less accessible than their black metal stuff.

Long story. At least we aren't talking about "oh, anders doesn't growl anymore, oh no" "shut up you cocksucking faggot if you don't love every song of the new album go eat a bag of dicks you soppy cunt"

Yeah. And maybe try some folk/black stuff too; Primordial, Einsiferum, Enslaved, etc.
And of course, you need to own these albums:
Bathory: Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
Bathory: Blood Fire Death
Bathory: Hammerheart

Emperor's "newer stuff?"
Not black metal, for one thing. Also, probably less accessible than their black metal stuff.

I've got some Ensiferum stuff, they're great. I'll have to grab some of Bathory's stuff, too.
I guess their newer shit isn't black metal, but I still think it's more accessible than stuff like "I Am the Black Wizards" (which I'm a huge fan of, anyhow).