The Logo

Clay-Man

Anders pre-2003
May 18, 2008
You ever notice...
They change it after about each 3 albums.

Death Metal logo
Lunar
Sub
Jester

Stone Platform logo
Whoracle
Colony
Clayman
exeptional: Tokyo Showdown

The plain text logo(what a shitty idea imo)
Reroute
STYE
Come Clarity

Rough Sketched Logo
ASOP

Also if you notice, they usually tweak their sound a little more between those logo changes than between the albums next to eachother inside the logo's era. Well that's my opinion. But yeah. SO ON THE 3 NEW ALBUM WE'LL SEE A LOGO OF ARRANGED DOG TURDS SPELLING OUT IN FLAMES.

I like the death metal logo the best, definitely. But all the other logos with plain text were fine. The rough sketched logo sucks, though. I don't see why you're hung up on the plain text logo. It's fine. Works best on Come Clarity.

I like ASOP logo as much as the old logo, just because they are quite similair.
The text logo on CC as weareinflames said looks cool, but more awsome on STYE.
The stone logo only looks cool on whoracle:)

Their covers ranked in order:
The Jester Race
Come Clarity
Lunar Strain
Clayman
Whoracle
Colony
Subterranean
Reroute To Remain
A Sense Of Purpose

Come clarity was the one with the figure pulling its heart of its' chest emo style right? Why do you consider that their second best cover?

Their covers ranked in order:
The Jester Race
Come Clarity
Lunar Strain
Clayman
Whoracle
Colony
Subterranean
Reroute To Remain
A Sense Of Purpose

Are you refering to how the logos fits with the album or just, rank the album covers. Anyways LS logo fits better with the old logo than TJR.

You forgot STYE! or are you just denying the fact that the album has never been released;)?

Just ranking them.
As for forgetting STYE, I think maybe that was a subconscious manifestation of my dislike for the album. Anyhow, it goes last, because it has the worst cover imo.
A good cover does 2 things; 1, it tells you what to expect from the album; it captures the aesthetic and feel of the music and 2, it looks cool. So that's how I ranked them. And I like the cover of Come Clarity, and you've persisted with your misinterpretation of emo, and further more, even if your misinterpretation was correct you'd still be wrong because that's not emo, it's just kinda melodramatic.

It's emo style - and by that I mean it's extremely emotional, and wouldn't look out of place on the cover of a band such as MCR, Hawthorn Heights, et al, CONFIRMED(persisted, have I? ...) , but if it's your opinion that it's cool then that's fine. I suppose it does capture the essence of Take This Life, Reflect the Storm, Come Clarity, Crawl Thru Knives, etc... whether that's a good thing or not is debatable, but I guess when you get out of your teens you see 'cool' in a different way.

I love The Jester Race's cover art, but the font used for the album's title kind of kills it for me. It looks inappropriately cartoon-ish and, in my opinion, is out of place, especially when placed alongside the death metal logo.

It's emo style - and by that I mean it's extremely emotional, and wouldn't look out of place on the cover of a band such as MCR, Hawthorn Heights, et al, CONFIRMED(persisted, have I? ...) , but if it's your opinion that it's cool then that's fine. I suppose it does capture the essence of Take This Life, Reflect the Storm, Come Clarity, Crawl Thru Knives, etc... whether that's a good thing or not is debatable, but I guess when you get out of your teens you see 'cool' in a different way.

Oooh, good one, try and pull age.

Anyhow, if you noticed the Emo thread I posted those bands you named are goth pop rather than true emo. Secondly, stuff like Take This Life, Crawl Through Knives, etc isn't so much emo as just emotional. If every emotional song ever was emo pretty much everyone would be slitting their wrists.

Come Clarity, The Jester Race, and Clayman were my favs. Some really cool art there. And I like the second logo best. Whatever you called it "stonehenge" or something XD

Mine are:
Colony
The Jester Race
Clayman
Whoracle
Reroute To Remain

The rest are ok, but STYE sucks ass. Maybe if they just had a picture of a giant piece of shit then I'd love the album cover because it fits with the music on it so much.

I like the death metal logo, but the stone one is pretty cool. They kept rendering it in a different look on each album.

That's why I don't like the plain text one. It's so bland and uncreative. The stone one I believe was font, but editted and had neat effects on it.

Oooh, good one, try and pull age.

Anyhow, if you noticed the Emo thread I posted those bands you named are goth pop rather than true emo. Secondly, stuff like Take This Life, Crawl Through Knives, etc isn't so much emo as just emotional. If every emotional song ever was emo pretty much everyone would be slitting their wrists.

I wasn't really "pulling" age (though I could easily do so if I did want to), I just know what I thought was cool at 16 is not the same as what I think is cool now, so if you think CC is cool now that's fine. Maybe I worded it wrong, but that was my point.

Labels don't concern me... MCR and Hawthorn Heights are both very 'emotional' bands, and to be honest in the modern day climate would be considered emo, no matter what the traditional rendering of emo is. The word has changed to mean something else, now, so I don't think using it in connotation with the two aforementioned bands is an issue. And, it doesn't change the fact In Flames' Come Clarity cover art could easily fit with either band, both of whom suck. I just don't like the art, I prefer stuff like Colony, Clayman, or even Reroute. On the other hand, the CC cover does fit with the music, it's simple and the meaning is easy to decipher.
"It's not so much the pain, it's more the actual knife, pretending the picture is perfect, I cut myself to sleep". "If you could be the things I need, I'll crawl through knives at an inch per tear". They stray ridiculously close to emo or goth pop or whatever with lines like this, mind.

Do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up.