death magnetic

What I don't understand is why bands still stay on labels. I remember reading an interview with Chuck and he was talking about the business side of things and said that they made more money on Live At The Fillmore than they did on any other record because they put it out themselves. They sold less copies than their regular number, but they were making a lot more per disc. Also, since it was a live recording, they probably didn't have as high of a budget as a studio album, I'm sure that helped a lot. On the other hand, the metal scene was a lot stronger then, and downloading hadn't hit yet.

Yeah I remember that interview.If a band offered their album for a buck a song online they would make way more money, have something where you can download artwork and maybe something else that you can't get from say itunes.Hell if they offered their whole album for a buck they would be better off.doesn't the record Co. give them like 10 cents a cd or some shit? Maybe not that low but it's something ridiculous.

I think it's good shit. I can't imagine future releases getting better than DM though, this is probably the best new Metallica we will get.

It doesn't matter. If I want to hear great production (and I do) I just listen to The Formation of Damnation.

Dude, you can't be serious. Formation's mix is worse than Death Magnetic. Have you ever looked at a wave form of a FoD song? It's a solid brick with absolutely no quiet spaces. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Andy Sneap is a pro, Eric has mixed other Testament albums perfectly. But Formation is so bad it's painful

I really like TFOD productionwise...almost perfect...
as you know you can download the Guitar hero version of Death Magnetic, it makes i hugh difference - otherwise it's almost unlistenable!

Dude, you can't be serious. Formation's mix is worse than Death Magnetic. Have you ever looked at a wave form of a FoD song? It's a solid brick with absolutely no quiet spaces. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Andy Sneap is a pro, Eric has mixed other Testament albums perfectly. But Formation is so bad it's painful

Dude, I can be serious. No, I have never looked at a wave form for a song. Is that how you judge whether you like the sound of a record, I don't?. All I need to do is put the cd in my stereo and hit play. My ears work just fine.

fuck off. Formation has a super kick ass production.I absolutely don't want to hear any single bit of shit about testament because they fucking kill!!!

if it was for another band coming out with an album like this,it would have been labeled as shitty,boring and totally uninteresting...but it's Metallica,so it gets millions of comments.

I like it there's some really cool riffs, it's 50 million times better than St Anger, but still nothing amazing. It's just good :)