Death, Melodic, Heavy Metal Amp?

Disterric23

New Metal Member
Sep 30, 2009
Been looking for a versatile practice and "garage band" amp for a while now, i dont care if it is tube, solid state, or modeling i just want an amp that can handle loud distorted settings and clean settings too without problems (i have a Epiphone Les Paul with Humbucker Pickups).
I really want to achieve the sounds of my favorite bands also like All that Remains, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, As Blood runs Black, The Human Abstract and quite a few others. I would really preffer a very high quality modeling amp just because of its ranges of sounds but so far from what ive read its not the wisest choice for metal and they can get expensive for them to have great sound.
My 2nd option was opting for a Podx3 from line 6 (but i would preffer an amp so i dont have to bring my computer to a session :D) or a Vox VT 50 watt 1x12 combo amp ( http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT50-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=424008 ).
I am by no means experienced at playing guitar, i have actually just recently picked it up but i know i am going to play for a long time and i want the amp i buy to reflect that so i dont need to keep throwing money at amps or pedals to achieve a certain sound. My budget for an amp or bean is like 300-500$ (musicians friend ftw) :worship: Thanks

As cliche as it sounds, Line 6 Spider III series would probably suit your needs quite well. 75 watt +.

However if your looking for a bit more quality and punch , and have the funds to do it, I would have to say Mesa Boogie is the way to go. Very high quality metal amplification.

That budget isn't enough to get any sort of tube amp. You can get a mediocre solid state, but considering the shitty music you want to play I'd say you'll be alright. I'd go with a Vox. Scoop your tone, cut your hair, sever your testicles, and chug away without regret.