death metal all read

deThermetaler

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2002
london, england
Visit site
first off all....WILL HAVEN R PERFORMING THIS YR MARCH 22ND.

Also Its all about Death Metal n thrash. Opeth, candria, cannibal cropse, sinister, my dying bride, bolt thrower, mehugga r the best death metallers.

Wot was the first death metal bands u all listened 2. My first was opeth, cannibal, candria n will haven at once. Opeth r the best and r really talented. I love that voice. Also Candria r cool n sick. All reply later.

well... first My Dying Bride aren't death metal OR thrash :) But anyway, my first death metal band was Soilwork a mere 2 years ago (sad i know!) followed by Cryptopsy about 30 minutes later on Century Media's Identity 6 :) That CD really helped me get into death bands. I heard Opeth the first time about 3 months after that... man i thought they sucked! I was hoping for something more like In Flames or Soilwork, but i didn't get it :( But in 3 weeks i put it Morningrise on before i went to bed and... well about 7:35 into The Night & The Silent Water everything changed and i listened to the end of the disc in awe... I was obsessed for life!

Dark Tranquillity was my first. I was browsing CD's, and I saw DT's Skydancer. It looked "extreme," and I asked the front desk what it was. They had no idea, but I bought it anyway. THAT CD made me purchase 3 other DT albums, At the Gates "Slaughter of the Soul," In Flames "Whoracle", Amorphis' "Tale of a Thousand Lakes" and Death's "Symbolic".

Jannet, you liked Skydancer? I dunno, i heard so many good things about Dark Tranquility and in the end found it really bad... nothing like In Flames or Soilwork which i was hoping (my fave and pretty much the only 2 melodic death bands i had hear) The production ruined everything... no crunch at all to the guitars and the leads .. ugh... thin sounding and stupid note choice... but i mean that's just me :) I'm not trying to insult you.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Jannet, you liked Skydancer? I dunno, i heard so many good things about Dark Tranquility and in the end found it really bad... nothing like In Flames or Soilwork which i was hoping (my fave and pretty much the only 2 melodic death bands i had hear) The production ruined everything... no crunch at all to the guitars and the leads .. ugh... thin sounding and stupid note choice... but i mean that's just me :) I'm not trying to insult you.

Yes, I fell in love with Skydancer. I'm more impressed with the wonderful lyrics in the album. And since it was my first death metal CD, it holds a special place in my heart. I can't STAND the vocalist (thank goodness they got rid of him, hehe), but I do love the music and the lyrics. Yes, production is bad, but I don't care..:p

@ Bumblefoot... you really meen that? That is so, so horrible!

:cry:

I will not be able to sleep when I have heard sucha thing, I better go over to the D.T board and comfort myself...

Skydancer is far better than anything In Flames OR Soilwork has ever recorded :)

Anyway my first death metal album was Symbolic by Death.. then it was Obituary.. but I'm not really into this kind of death metal (Obituary).. just an example.. I hate Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, grind death, etc..

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Skydancer is far better than anything In Flames OR Soilwork has ever recorded :)

I wouldn't even go so far as trying to compare Soilwork and Dark Tranquillity! They're both Death Metal, but man, they're totally, TOTALLY two different styles of death, especially comparing Skydancer with any Soilwork releases.

Originally posted by Jannet

I wouldn't even go so far as trying to compare Soilwork and Dark Tranquillity! They're both Death Metal, but man, they're totally, TOTALLY two different styles of death, especially comparing Skydancer with any Soilwork releases.

sure they're TOTALLY DIFFERENT.. that's what i said.. Skydancer is FAR BETTER :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by TheMindzI

sure they're TOTALLY DIFFERENT.. that's what i said.. Skydancer is FAR BETTER :lol: :lol:

Bah! You know what I meant, smart aleck :p :p

Soilwork - Crazy, speedy, not poetic in the least
Dark Tranquillity - Beautiful, poetic, not speedy

Originally posted by deThermetaler
first off all....WILL HAVEN R PERFORMING THIS YR MARCH 22ND.

Also Its all about Death Metal n thrash. Opeth, candria, cannibal cropse, sinister, my dying bride, bolt thrower, mehugga r the best death metallers.

Wot was the first death metal bands u all listened 2. My first was opeth, cannibal, candria n will haven at once. Opeth r the best and r really talented. I love that voice. Also Candria r cool n sick. All reply later.

Do yOo lYk 2 tYP LyK tHizZz???

Originally posted by terrymx

correct

That's a matter of opinion :p

I think In Flames has created much better albums collectively than Dark Tranquillity has. Haven and The Gallery were great / Projector was *blagh* (except for "Dobermann"). In Flames' Whoracle, The Jester Race were pretty damn good! But again, it's all a matter of opinion (damn, I repeated myself :rolleyes: )

Edit: Oops...screwed up. Fixed it. *why did I forget The Gallery was DT's? Grrr...

hehe, i never expected you guys to not like soilwork... anyway i dunno, i mean i liked Haven and The Gallery, but projector i couldn't even bare to listen to because of the production... and when the CD ended the only thing i had in my head was those stupid single note trill thingy's (which i find annoying, maybe why i don't like BM too much either)