Death Metal Amp

May 11, 2006
England
www.myspace.com
Hi.

I play in a Death Metal band and I'm trying to get my live sound sorted. Any recommendations on an amp? I'm currently using a Crate GLX212 which has a decent distortion sound, but I need a head which is louder.

for a head AND a cab to be under 1000 there's not that much to choose from...you could get a Line 6 Flextone II(sounds decent, good for a solid state) and a decent cab for under 1000 probably

good! should buy even more ;)

what about ENGL (Fireball, Blackmore, Powerball), Peavey (5150 or 6505 especially), Marshall, maybe Framus (dunno about the prices of their models)

if you dont mind buying used you can get even more for your money of course

ive heard ENGLs those sound amazing at any volume. if you're looking at Peavey, you will get good tone, but you will have to play at a louder volume. i play a Triple XXX and the other guitarist in my band plays an ENGL Powerball, and both amps sound great together.

5150 you can pick up for about $700 used on ebay. The 6505 goes for about a grand new.

The 5150 is a major metal amp. Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Testament, In Flames they have all used the 5150 or some form of a peavey amp on albums.