death metal! dual rectifier/6505+ breeutalness

Good stuff once again Sean!

One minor point of attention:

- once the vocals kick in and the OH goes straight out, it sounds like they push the guitars in the background... maybe it's a compressor on the master track that pushes the guitars back when it gets crowded?

otherwise, cool mix!

thanks! yeah i noticed that a bit, probably from the mix being compressed heavily, i thought it kinda sounded like i automated it that way though :p

Did you use the preamp output or fx send or something with these amps to use impulse?

nah i actually used the line out from my hotplate, but it sounds pretty much the same as using the preamp out. i only really do it that way out of convenience, because then i can do impulse stuff on amps that dont have a line out or effects loop and its just easier to swap one cable to record a different amp (speaker cable) instead of having to swap that and the line out cable

and here it comes: can you post settings on amps and witch impulse? :)

it was something like

6505+: lead channel gain5.5 bass5 mid5 high4.5 res5 pres3 and i had the post gain very low, just above that point on the dial where it gets loud

mesa: red channel master10:30 pres1:00 bass2:30 mid11:00 treb2:00 gain2:00

all the tracks have different impulses because i think it sounds better to mix different sounds, so i cant say which ones i use in particular really

also, i updated the soundclick with another song we did and they are both probably the final mixes of these