Death Symbolic cover by Sylosis feat Ryan Knight

hi josh,
realy nice playing and screaming man :)

however , the mix is too clean for this kind of song. when 0:46 kicks in the original song it feels like chaos.. on your mix is like metalcore
great solos playing ! :)

Sounds damn good!!

I love how a lot of their riffs go from groovy to absolute RAGE, sort of catches you off-guard since it feels a measure or 2 early.

Good guitar playing, especially the 1st solo :). That said, the 2nd solo suck. It doesn't even sound close to original.
Production doesn't sit well with this song, actually it's making it sound pretty disconnected. Vocals doesn't fit AT ALL, IMO they suck for this. Snare is also very distracting, you could change its velocity to something other than full-on 127 ;)

Great cover, tight as fuck, love the fact you put your own elements there, and that's usually what makes a cover worth listening to.

I have also recorded a cover of a famous song with my band, and i really HATE it when people tell me "DUDE, OMG, IT'S NOT LIKE THE ORIGINAL..".
If i wanted no differences at all, i would listen to the original track!

PS. Off topic, josh, listening to Sylosis new full-length album, congratulations for this memorable work!

I don't get the "vocals don't fit" thing. It's Sylosis doing a cover.....They sound like Josh, so how do they not fit? It's a cover shitwits. It's supposed to sound different.

Cover rules dude.

wasn't too bad, I don't think the vocals fit with the song but then again I didn't think that clean vocals fit it either when scariot covered it. that's about my only complaint.

it amazes me how people play the "symbolic acts" riff like it's nothing, that shit's fucking insane. I'm still struggling to play it right on bass.