DEATH vs. OPETH

Which band is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bleakest Harvest said:
Stupid poll though, two completely different bands. You might as well have Opeth vs Nick Cave for your next poll.

You are crazy. Both have albums that I would consider kind of progressive death metal. like .00001% of all bands have that. so uh....yeah its a pretty good poll

Steve I think you should stop hating Opeth
yes they are overrated,they are an excellent band but people consider them the best that ever happened and that's At the Gates :)lol: ) but what do you win with all this against Opeth?
nothing

Steve420 said:
Even without Death's originality and innovativeness, They are still much better than Opeth. All Death metal bands are just trying to make more Death music with what they can do.

I second that! Amen, Steve!
Clearly the option is DEATH! :cool:

~Sh0k~

Steve420 said:
This is pathetic. If Chuck Schuldiner did not create Death and its music, Death Metal would not exist. Black Metal and Doom Metal and other similar genres would probably not exist. Death is the definition of Death metal, and Opeth would not exist if not for them.

What the fuck are you talking about :lol: :lol:

If it weren't for Death, much of the metal we like now might be very different. Death was a pioneer when Opeth were still fighting over who got the shovel and who got the bucket in the sandbox.

Death. RIP Chuck.

Steve420 said:
This is pathetic. If Chuck Schuldiner did not create Death and its music, Death Metal would not exist. Black Metal and Doom Metal and other similar genres would probably not exist. Death is the definition of Death metal, and Opeth would not exist if not for them.
Even without Death's originality and innovativeness, They are still much better than Opeth. All Death metal bands are just trying to make more Death music with what they can do. Was Opeth's music great enough to have thousands of bands copy it and try to recreate teh style, forming almost all the bands that now make up the "Metal Underground"?

Steve

haha but.. I prefer Opeth :)

Steve420 said:
This is pathetic. If Chuck Schuldiner did not create Death and its music, Death Metal would not exist. Black Metal and Doom Metal and other similar genres would probably not exist.

This is bullshit. Ever heard of Bathory?

Howabout Hellhammer?

...Or maybe Necrophagia?

Even Sodom, Possessed or Venom?

possessed said:
Opeth!

Death were only good on their first three albums. :heh:

I am willing to bet my lifetime's savings and non-essential body parts that Chuck Schuldiner possessed approxiamately 10,032,030,489,202 times the talent that you could possibly muster in your life time. If you can go ahead and release a better album than ANY of the ones you're denouncing (Human, Sound of Perseverance, Symbolic, Individual Thought Patterns), than I'll go ahead and agree with you. But I'm willing to bet you can't even compare... and who are you to prove me wrong.

So... uh... shut up.

people get so worked up because Opeth is winning
if the poll was: who is more influencial on metal? or which band contributed more to metal?
then Death would be winning
but this is a matter of taste
gee you all get angry at anything