Death...

More Murder

May 31, 2006
Looking at the "killing yourself" thread, I've always wondered what death would be like. Millions of people die every day, but we know so little about it.

Atheists, if we just die is their just like this darkness and nothing else? That would be so fucking weird, just like sleeping for the rest of eternity. Would it be like before you were born?

Sorry, I just felt like I had to get this out.

Intolerance said:
Would it be like before you were born?

I'm agnostic and I think that's how it might be. I think that when we die we seize to exist. To me there is no heaven or hell, no god, buddah, or jesus. Just us. I'm one of those people who has to see something to believe it, and I haven't seen any of that.

As much as I find religion to be bullshit, I'm kinda intrigued about an afterlife idea. Why is it that we have conciousness? Does it just disappear when we die?

Intolerance said:
That would be so fucking weird, just like sleeping for the rest of eternity. Would it be like before you were born?

It won't be like sleeping for the rest of eternity because sleeping involves brain activity and often dreaming. It'd just be like nothing at all, we won't know anything because we will not exist at all. Having said that, this could all be bullshit given I haven't actually experienced it either :p

When you die, you go back to the Earth from whence you came.

You/Me/We were created by Mother Earth.

There can be no other rational explaination.

i believe, if anything, that your soul, or consciousness, continues to exist as electrical charges, just released into perhaps another dimension that is around us but we are unaware of. i might have confused myself... other than that, it will just be the end, like before you were born: nothing.

I actually used to ponder (like when I was 10) "eternity". If death means you don't come back, it's really fuckin' weird to think that you will never come back. It's not like waking up in the morning and getting back to your life. It's not years, it's not centuries, it's forever.
*writes down as something to think about while stoned*

biggsy said:
I was ready to smash this thread for being emo... but it's kind of thought provoking...

It is thought provoking. I really don't see the point in all this emo hating. Yes, they are stupid and annoying oftentimes, but it's hardly something to waste energy over. At least they know they're vain and stupid, whereas so many 'trendy goths' think they aren't when they are. In my opinion, trendy whining goths are worse than any emo I know. And at least all the emo kids I know are pretty open-minded musically, whereas the goths really are not.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess this is why people say 'death is but another adventure' or whatever the hell the saying is.

Neith said:
It is thought provoking. I really don't see the point in all this emo hating. Yes, they are stupid and annoying oftentimes, but it's hardly something to waste energy over. At least they know they're vain and stupid, whereas so many 'trendy goths' think they aren't when they are. In my opinion, trendy whining goths are worse than any emo I know. And at least all the emo kids I know are pretty open-minded musically, whereas the goths really are not.
So not true, goths can be open minded too

BlessedxForsaken said:
When you die, your frickin dead k? lol Come one ppl. Your body just rotts in the ground. You dont go no where and someday youll soon be forgotten
unless you are nikki sixx and are given 2 shots of adrenaline to the heart... then you come back to life and make a terrible song called kickstart my heart :loco: .