deathrow

el barto

Jan 6, 2006
Ireland
Has anyone else ever heard of an 80's thrash band (german i think) called deathrow i picked up an l.p of theirs in a second hand store and it's great no one else seems to know them. The album is called raging steel:headbang:

I like them a lot. They are definitely an overlooked band. People always only talk about Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction when it comes to German thrash, but there were other bands that were equally as good, such as Deathrow, Protector, Vendetta, etc.

Don't forget Exumer. Possessed By Fire might be my favorite out of the whole scene.

As for Deathrow, awesome band. Their stuff is hard to come by, unfortunately. I've only managed to find their last album on CD and Raging Steel on vinyl.

Any idea where i could find any of their albums ?.
How are you getting on with cluain tarb i was at mael morda last friday you have seen nothing until you've seen them live

Dodens Grav said:
Their stuff is hard to come by, unfortunately. I've only managed to find their last album on CD and Raging Steel on vinyl.

Your best bet is eBay, obviously.

Dodens Grav said:
Don't forget Exumer. Possessed By Fire might be my favorite out of the whole scene.

As for Deathrow, awesome band. Their stuff is hard to come by, unfortunately. I've only managed to find their last album on CD and Raging Steel on vinyl.
seriously hard to even find a mention of them anywhere. whats the name of the last album might try and track it down

el barto said:
Has anyone else ever heard of an 80's thrash band (german i think) called deathrow i picked up an l.p of theirs in a second hand store and it's great no one else seems to know them. The album is called raging steel:headbang:

Son of a bitch.. thought you were talking about the Xbox game.. was like "fuck yeah.. I beat bitches down!"

Tis that but it doesn't even do their live performance any justice if they had half a brain between them they would tour outside ireland maybe hammerheart will sort something out

Great band. My favourite is "Deception Ignored" (probably the definition of technothrash), but i like all their albums (2nd fav. is definetally "Raging Steel" and its epic thrash madness). For all those into the technical/prog side of thrash, check End Amen a project of Uwe Osterlehner with Dan Rock and Norm Leggio of Psychotic Waltz, not really thrash, just weird and definetally unique prog metal with non conventional structures and lots of thrashy riffs.

Are they as good as the other Death Row?

Pentagaller2a80s.html

IOfTheStorm said:
The songs say everything...i bet most of them you already heard from the Pentagram albums.

Yep! especially, it has goddamn BURNING SAVIOUR!!!!!!

i'm gonna be in heaven when this thing shows up