Deathspell Omega -Paracletus

It was good, kind of like a mix between the Fas stuff and the more straight up black metal. I t didn't have as many hooks or moments as Fas or SMRC did, but an awsome vibe nonetheless.

Have you heard the Crushing the Holy trinity splits yet?

nah, i've been very lazy in checking out their split material. I should definitely make an effort to sort that out soon.

I'm wondering will Paracletus drift back towards SMRC territory like "Chaining The Katechon" seemed to indicate, or will it be even more intense flat-out lunacy like "Fas...".
either way it's going to be a stunner.

Fuck yeah, a Deathspell thread.
I don't even really like black metal generally because most of it is boring as fuck, but Deathspell make some genuinely interesting music.
Looking forward to this.

yeah Fas was a storming album absolutely fantastic, and chaining .. was a great way to spend 20 minutes of your life :lol:

hope the new one is fantastic too, would like a mixture of Fas and kenose's prayers, had some reserves about the fact that they signed with SOM even though they said they wouldnt sign blah blah blah, but it shouldnt be a problem, just hope they havent compromised the material for it,

They didn't sign with them, SOM is just doing distro.

edit: too late/\

but seeing as they basically own Noevdia i don't see them moving.

I also think they are more likely to do something new, i think the ep's are extensions of their full length's.
I don't know what they could do, but i believe they will do it.

They didn't sign with them, SOM is just doing distro.

edit: too late/

but seeing as they basically own Noevdia i don't see them moving.

I also think they are more likely to do something new, i think the ep's are extensions of their full length's.
I don't know what they could do, but i believe they will do it.

Frankly, i can't imagine where they could possibly go after "Fas...", that record is so far out off the map that it will take decades to truely sink in. i'm willing to wager the new one will end up being a slightly more tuneful approach on that racket, kinda leaning back towards "Kenose".

Cant figure out which package to pre-order, argh
Vinyl would sound awsome, but then i wouldn't have it on the old ipod
decisions, decisions................

death%20spell%20levels.JPG

i noticed the levels on my interface were clipping out and had a look at the wave in audacity real quick :err:

completely maxed

tracks is a killer though really good, always wanted short and sharp deathspell of this nature, album should be class i hope