debut full length update

I can hardly wait!!! I'm sorry to hear that Zach left the band. He was amazing live. I hope Trym comes through for you. Have a great time in the studio. Gawwwd, I love recording!!!:headbang:

Shit, I forgot to mention: The new song is a fucking epic masterpiece!!! I love it! I'll go on record by saying that Abigail Williams is of the only bands keeping this genre alive!

SRS

What genre? Black metal? It is very much alive without them. Death metal? It is alive within the true underground.

What genre? Black metal? It is very much alive without them. Death metal? It is alive within the true underground.

I am going to assume he means in the US metal scene, which his statement wouldn't be TOO extreme to say for black metal, but death metal is like our biggest asset as a country to metal!

how so?

I haven't really seen or heard of any decent Death Metal bands within the United states.

The best lies in the East.

how so?

I haven't really seen or heard of any decent Death Metal bands within the United states.

The best lies in the East.

dude, are you serious...death metal originates from the US... morbid angel, suffocation, DEATH, obituary, deicide, cannibal corpse, possessed.... I could go on, those bands pretty much invented the genre. Maybe you are referring to melodic death, which I myself prefer, but like thrash and death metal are americas two biggest offerings to metal

dude, are you serious...death metal originates from the US... morbid angel, suffocation, DEATH, obituary, deicide, cannibal corpse, possessed.... I could go on, those bands pretty much invented the genre. Maybe you are referring to melodic death, which I myself prefer, but like thrash and death metal are americas two biggest offerings to metal

indeed

i apologize. in my haste for a reply, i completely disregarded the bands who started the genre. i was thinking more in terms of recent releases and current contributions to the genre, and yes i was thinking more in terms of melodic. what the closet thing you can get to american melodic death metal would Job for a cowboy? heh....
maybe im generalizing.

new song huh?

so is the whole album pretty much along those lines? it's still amazing.

The Album is not out yet Right? I heard some of the songs on the myspace, like the one into the Cold wastes and it fucking KILLED is some awesome stuff, just hope the album is out.

now you are arguing semantics.

Regardless, the fulllength is gonna be some intense stuff.
I can't wait for the release.

what would you classify Abigail Williams then?

It is just metal music. Not anymore or less, death metal was and still is bands like Death, Obituary, Entombed. This stuff is way to over-polished and different to be death metal.

well guys, the album is done, i finished all the mixes a good few weeks ago and mastered it and turned it in to the label... it's off to manufacturing and should be out this fall... October-ish i think.

two songs from the album are up on the band's myspace... the top two so you get a killer preview right there!

i'm very excited myself about this release... it turned out so good it makes me wanna beat puppies with kittens!!*

:heh:

james murphy

*i actually love puppies & kittens, so don't go writin' PETA or sendin' me hate-mail)

It is just metal music. Not anymore or less, death metal was and still is bands like Death, Obituary, Entombed. This stuff is way to over-polished and different to be death metal.

sounds ALOT like Enthrone and Puritania era Dimmu Borgir to me. that would = symphonic black metal.

nice mix Mr. Murphy, I got an e-card in my email today. Not sure what the bit rate is on the player but the production sounds to be top notch!

The world beyond?

man.

Wish I had a chance to hear the album before release.
it sounds good.

fall can't come sooner.