decapitated 28th

imort

i love dragonforce \m/
Mar 5, 2004
norway
www.freewebs.com
did anyone see Decapitated, Rotting Christ, Thus Defiled and Anata play at the underworld last weekend (28th feb)? Personally i thought RC were the best of the four......Decapitated were good but they only played fro like half an hour...after a delay of about the same amount of time. Anata were fairly good.....their music didnt really translate that well into a live setting (you know, no fun moshing to fast blastbeats). Thus Defiled sucked...their sound quality was poor...the riffs were hard to make and and to be honest they were boring. What the rest o ya think?

Sauron signed my copy of the negation, that was cool.

Aye I too think that RC were actually better although i really enjoyed Decapitated. I was not too impressed with the delays and the fact that they were give a shorter slot as a headline band. Dunno if it was caused by problems but, tbh, am not sure I really want to go back to the Underworld again. Their "service" sucks, it is the third time in a row people are left for ages outside wiht no clue as to what is going on and then get a third of the gig they are entitled too. They are also always short staffed so you also get delayed once inside....
Apologies for the rant but it's happens so many times now I am really pissed off..may be is time to choose another venue?

I think the Bradford date was the only one that went off without a hitch.

Manchester was half an hour late opening the doors, Anata couldn't do a sound check - even though they were one of the two best bands on the bill IMO. Thus Defiled were unbelievably shit. Didn't appeal to me in the slightest. Rotting Christ from what i could make out through the slightly murky PA sounded slightly like Dark Tranquillity mixed with Mastodon at times. there was at least 15-20 minute delays in between bands, Decapitated not even coming on till nearly 3 and a half hours after the gig was supposed to start... im not sure how long they were on as i didn't time it, but it didn't feel too long, but that's probably cos time flys when you dont realise it.

I met Anata, Sauron and Martin (ish) anyway so i can't really complain.

i went to manchester bierkellar on the 24th and was dissapointed at the lack of support for anata, i was one of 3 people moshing to them... i disagree that rotting christ were the best act.

decapitated were a fucking brutal live act but i would of liked a longer set, never the less my neck was fucked by the end and didnt fully recover til 2 days later! fucking fantastic

I too went to the bierkeller in Manchester... I wrote a review up on the Pantera BB so here's my 2 pence...

-------------------

Anata
Was pleasently suprised as i hadn't heard them before... they moaned about their monitors and sound for about 20 minutes then got on with the goods. Musically i think they slayed. The drummer was especially tight with decent beats and blasts throughout the whole set. Enjoyed their (unfortunatly fairly short) set. If to be picky, i'd say they were a little inactive on stage but i enjoyed it..

Thus Defiled
Their sound was utter shit and their drummer was just put to shame by Anata's wizard of the kit.
Vocals were somewhat boring. All in all, the only thing that remotley entertained me about their set was their guitar solo 'duels' between the 2 guitarists amongst each song.
On the whole, If this band were a facial expression... They'd be a raised eyebrow at the most...

Rotting Christ
MUCH better sound than the previous 2 bands. Enjoyed their music, perhaps a little tedious but pretty interesting. By this time, i was just dying for decapitated to take the stage so i had no patience for any support band...

Decapitated
2 words... Fuck me! I saw these guys last time round on the dehumanization of the UK tour last year and i can honestly say they have come a long way since then.
A factor (i grant, out of their control), their sound totally fucking owned last years mess of a mix. The guitars were super defined, bass cut through, drums were clear as fuck and the vocals were spot on too.
Vitek (drums) was on top form, flawlessly nailing the entire set, beat for beat. Likewise with Jacek, Vogg and Martin all putting in quality performances on their strings and to top it all off Saurons Vocs were perfect (despite the destruction of a microphone)

Set List (in order)

The Calling (CD intro)
Three Dimensional Defect
Lying And Weak
Nihility
Sensual Sickness
Perfect Dehumanization
Spheres Of Madness
Mother War
Names
The Negation

My reviews suck but you get the idea, decapitated were fucking AWSOME.

-----------

:headbang:

i would have been up at the front for Anata, but for the fact that i was on my own and far too self-conscious to do that, plus i'd have lost the nerdy glasses i wear if i'd have gone up there.

Didn't lose my glasses when it came to Decapitated, though not for trying ;)

my write up from the next day on the SYL board
http://www.strappingyounglad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2203&hl=decapitated

can't be bothered cutting and pasting....