Decapitated are back.

fade_2_black

Apr 11, 2006
www.keirlefoh.com
And their first show is in Auckland, New Zealand. And, given they dont have a touring engineer (and I have been told they dont), Ill be mixing them.
With Psycroptic, Origin and Misery Index.

Fucking mean.

DECAPITATED are back! Bands like DECAPITATED don't come along very often, having created a vicious, precise and innovative form of death metal since their inception in 1996. Soundworks Touring are extremely pleased to announce their first shows back, in Australia and New Zealand, to deliver to us all their distinctive brand of technically flawless death metal.

Wacek “Vogg” Kieltyka, guitarist & founding member of the Polish death metal band DECAPITATED, has issued the following statement:

"It’s time to come back! After a two-year break, DECAPITATED is coming back with new members. The official new line-up for DECAPITATED will be announced at the end of December.

“As you all know, the decision to continue the band was really, really hard for me, but everything I do now is to keep DECAPITATED alive. [Vocalist] Covan’s situation has not improved much and he is still in bed and unable to function on his own. He still fights to recover as we speak and we are all still 100% behind him and hope for the best. It has been the hardest thing for me to move on without [brother & drummer] Vitek by my side, but he would have wanted me to continue with the band.

“Finally, I have found some great musicians who can continue the work of Vitek and Covan. At the beginning of April, DECAPITATED will start to play our first reunion shows. We will visit the biggest cities in Australia and play some of the biggest summer festivals in Europe. Don’t worry, we won’t forget about the U.K.! After this, the band will concentrate on the making of a new album! I would like to thank all the people who have supported us all this time.".

Thanks for the heads up. It's really good to see the band continuing, and here's to hoping that it can be more than a shadow of its former self, given that only 1/3rd of the members are still in. Absolutely tragic to hear about Covan too, that sort of thing is not fair in the least.

It seems really interesting that they are doing NZ and Oz. Perhaps I should offer to handle their FOH needs here in Melb.

It seems really interesting that they are doing NZ and Oz. Perhaps I should offer to handle their FOH needs here in Melb.
Get onto that dude! It's really disheartening when a pretty big band tours and they end up not having their own guy and thus end up with terrible sound! As an aside, I recently saw In Malice's Wake in CBR and was half wondering if you'd have been with em to do sound (even though I was fairly sure you wouldn't be traveling too far from Melb with em).

I reckon I'll go to the Sydney gig since they're touring with Misery Index, Origin and Psycroptic and that sounds like a pretty decent combo!

Somehow.. I don't see how anyone could replace Vitek on drums, and I REALLY digged Covan's vocals as they are sort of "shouty" instead of all sub-pitch growl as most death metal. I really really hope they bring in a REAL vocalist instead of someone who thinks he can growl just because he can get that cookie monster sound out of his throat. And about Vitek.. yeah, I don't doubt they have found a FAST drummer but there was just this something about Vitek's style that was so incredibly fucking ridiculously AWESOME. Doubt that can get replaced but hey, I guess it'll be alright :)

Hoping for the best for Decapitated and their families!

I can't wait. They are EASILY one of my favourite bands ever. I love everything about them. I am so glad I get to see them after missing out on their show with Nile last time. :(

Sick :DD
I haven't heard any of the supporting bands... but I'll definitely check them out.

We should do a Sneap meet-up for those of us in Sydney if there are quite a few of us going. I don't know anyone else into this kinda music :/

Any idea when the dates will be?

Really excited to hear Vogg is getting back on it. Was just jamming O.H. yesterday and for whatever reason it sounded so much more badass than it did before :lol:

Somehow.. I don't see how anyone could replace Vitek on drums, and I REALLY digged Covan's vocals as they are sort of "shouty" instead of all sub-pitch growl as most death metal. I really really hope they bring in a REAL vocalist instead of someone who thinks he can growl just because he can get that cookie monster sound out of his throat. And about Vitek.. yeah, I don't doubt they have found a FAST drummer but there was just this something about Vitek's style that was so incredibly fucking ridiculously AWESOME. Doubt that can get replaced but hey, I guess it'll be alright :)

Hoping for the best for Decapitated and their families!

i agree man! no one played like him he was totally revolutionizing extreme metal drumming! such well placed grooves!

i think we can trust in vogg to find the best musicians for his band though! krihm's video's are pretty sick. hes not vitek but he does the job i say! i worry about him writing for decap though..

Found the dates for this.

2010 Australian Tour Dates

April 1, 2010 The Transmission Room - Auckland, NZ
April 2, 2010 The Esplanade Hotel - Melbourne, AUS
April 3, 2010 The Gaelic Club - Sydney, AUS
April 4, 2010 The Hi Fi Bar - Brisbane, AUS
April 5, 2010 Fowlers Live - Adelaide, AUS
April 6, 2010 Black Betty’s - Perth, AUS

2010 European Festivals

May 13, 2010 METALFEST OPEN AIR AUSTRIA - Mining
May 14, 2010 METALFEST OPEN AIR SWITZERLAND - Pratteln
May 15, 2010 METALFEST OPEN AIR GERMANY - Dessau